fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Passed PMP - July 6, 2015

Passed PMP - July 6, 2015 8 years 9 months ago #5828

• Robert Sauer
  • Robert Sauer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I passed the PMP Exam on July 6th, 2015.

I have 20+ years experience in project management and have led organizations that have prepared for and passed CMMI audits multiple times. So, I thought it would be easy...not! I got the PM Prepcast to get started and then found that there were alot of topics that I needed to get the exact PMBOK terminology (ITTO).

I spent 2 weeks studying with the PM Prepcast. I took the next 2 weeks to review the PMBOk Guide and Rita Mulcahy's PM Exam Prep book. Sample questions in the PM Prepcast and RM's book were a good start.

In the final 2 weeks, I used the PM Simulator and the PM Formula Guide & Sample questions. Both of these were key to my success. Answering alot of sample formula questions really helped the material stick. Regarding the simulator: Studying the material is one thing...sitting for 3-4 hours answering 200 questions is another. Definitely prepared me for the 'round-about' questions on the exam and understanding proper pacing in answering the questions.

I'd like to thank Cornelius and his team for creating such excellent Prep materials. Cornelius was a great motivator throughout the whole study process and I even felt his support during the exam - I had the same feeling he did after the 1st 8 questions on my exam (i.e. not good), but kept pressing forward and eventually I felt comfortable and completed the exam - and Passed! :)

BTW: Noise Reduction Headphones available at my test center were a must....I had a very avid typist in the cubical next to me. :(

Passed PMP - July 6, 2015 8 years 9 months ago #5830

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Congratulations on passing your exam and thank you SO much for your kind words!

I appreciate it.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Passed PMP - July 6, 2015 8 years 9 months ago #5831

• Ishan Jha
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Congratulations! Thanks for the helpful writeup.

Passed PMP - July 6, 2015 8 years 9 months ago #5832

• Dawn Upperman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Congratulations Robert! Great write-up. Glad you had headphones available.

Passed PMP - July 6, 2015 8 years 9 months ago #5833

• Michael DeCicco
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
Welcome to the community. Take advantage of the continued learned and don't be shy in sharing your particular knowledge with those around you.
Yours Respectfully
Michael DeCicco, PMP
Community Moderator

Passed PMP - July 6, 2015 8 years 9 months ago #5834

• Ayo O
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Congrats Robert! Those headphones are definitely a must! I can relate to that.
MSc, PMP
Community Moderator
OSP International LLC

Passed PMP - July 6, 2015 8 years 9 months ago #5858

• Rahul Kakkar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 56
Congratulations Robert! Well done! And thank you sharing such a detailed lessons learnt. Very useful for future aspirants!
Rahul Kakkar, PMP, MBA
Community Moderator

How are we doing? Your opinion matters. To help us improve, please check out our survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/pmpexamforum
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login