fbpx

Reply: Passed 6/26

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed 6/26

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 8 months ago #5785

Jeffrey Brown

Thank you!

If you can only afford to buy one, I'd recommend Rita's over Crowe's because it is more comprehensive (at least I thought so) and I found the exercises in Rita's to be more helpful plus there are more of them. I would classify Crowe's book more of a high level overview and a very condensed version of the PMBOK.

Both books offer great exam tips (as does the Prepcast) and both have excellent sections specifically for earned value and critical path. I don't think you'll go wrong with either, but I preferred Rita's. I'm sure others out there will have different opinions on which materials are best and at the end of the day it going to be a matter of preference for each individual.

You won't regret your decision to purchase the simulator!

Hope that helps and good luck!
8 years 8 months ago #5780

Jeffrey Brown

One addition to my lessons learned.

My brain dump consisted of the Process Group & Knowledge area mapping on page 61 of PMBOK and the formulas. The forumlas proved more useful than the process group mappings as I had numerous questions on earned value and a few on 3-point estimation as well. It was nice not having to recall them during the test, but to have them already written down in the format and order in which I was able to memorize them. As stated by many others, know what you NEED on your brain dump and practice writing that information until you can duplicate it flawlessly and quickly! It took me 3-4 days to get the process chart, then I added a few of the formulas until I was able to get the chart plus the formulas, and every few days I'd add a few more formulas until I had them all.
8 years 8 months ago #5779

Lena Galindo

Hi Jeffrey, Congratulations on your passing the PMP exam.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Regarding resources, there are so many out there. Currently I am only using the PrepCast, will purchase the simulator and offcourse I have the PMBOOK.

What additional resources/books do I need to complement my learning. Did you find Rita's more helpful then Crowe's or they equally helped you study better?.

Thanks,
Lena
8 years 9 months ago #5774

Rahul Kakkar

Congratulations Jeffrey! Well done! And thank you sharing such a detailed lessons learnt. Very useful for future aspirants!
8 years 9 months ago #5773

Dawn Upperman

Congratulations Jeffrey...time to celebrate!
8 years 9 months ago #5771

Ishan Jha

Congrats and thanks for the detailed lesson learnt

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login