fbpx

Reply: Pausing Exam Simulator

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Pausing Exam Simulator

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 6 months ago #11916

Steven Mudrinich, PMP

Jennifer,

You can make multiple attempts of the same exam, so you can always eventually get to the questions you didn't finish the first time. However, for every attempt, you cannot pause the exam, so you will be assigned a grade based on how many questions you did get through. If you don't have the time for the whole thing, I recommend doing quizzes instead which have similar questions and can be tailored to whatever knowledge area you are weak in.

- Steven
6 years 6 months ago #11857

Jennifer Jackson

's Avatar

If you don't have the 2 hour block of t8me and can only complete a portion of the questions will you lose access to the set of questions you weren't able to complete?
8 years 10 months ago #5654

Cornelius Fichtner

Bradley,

It is 100% intentional that the simulator cannot be paused. We want our students to practice in conditions that are "as close as possible" to the real exam. And this means - no pausing. One reason for using the simulator is to learn to "time yourself" and actually be able to answer all 200 questions in the course of two hours -- in that way it not only helps you learn about the questions types and question styles, but also helps ensure that you know how to "run a 4-hour marathon" of questions.
8 years 10 months ago #5653

Bradley Taylor

Is there any way to pause the PMP Exam Simulator or to disable the timer? I cannot find sufficient 4 hour blocks of time to do them each in one hit so when I come back to them they have expired (the exam, not the subscription) and I have to restart.

I realise there is benefit in replicating the 4 hour exam scenario but it is not always possible to do so.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login