fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Any suggestions- On/Before exam day May 16

Any suggestions- On/Before exam day May 16 8 years 10 months ago #5557

• K r Bomireddy
  • K r Bomireddy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Everyone,

Little over 48 hours before I sit for my exam. I looked up the exam location and it was 30 mins drive and planning to be there atleast 30-45 minutes prior to the exam.

Preparation - Used PM-PREPCAST, PMBOK Guide for studying. Used PM-Exam Simulator for exam. Was able to sit for 4 hours with no problem. Hoping to do the same on the exam.

Any thoughts on if the exam simulator is more tougher than the real exam?

Will keep you guys posted on the Exam Result, Until then... TIME OUT!!

-SUmanth

Any suggestions- On/Before exam day May 16 8 years 10 months ago #5558

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
SUmanth

Good luck on your exam. Glad to hear that the testing center is so close to you. That cuts down on some of the stress that many experience.

As far as "Simulator vs Real Exam" goes... it's difficult to say. Many students tell us that our simulator questions are very close to what you will find on the exam. But that all depends on the individual experience. (Some people get 12 formula questions - others need 0 formulas - it's a bit of a gamble there...)

Please give us your feedback & simulator comparison after you are done.

Thanks!
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Any suggestions- On/Before exam day May 16 8 years 10 months ago #5559

• Andre Roux
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Sumanth,

Best of luck with your upcoming exam.

I found the real questions to be easier than the simulator questions, although I was under more time pressure during the real exam. During simulation exams I had more than enough time to review all my marked questions, while I did not have that luxury during the live exam - yet I passed much better than my passes during the simulations, so that is why I perceived the real exam questions to be easier.

Just a little tip - I was also 45 minutes early, and was then allowed to start the exam immediately, so eventually was finished 45 minutes earlier than I thought I would be. Not sure if all locations do that, but I found that a great benefit, as on exam day I just wanted to do the exam and not necessarily sit and brood on things before starting.

Regards, and ope to see PMP next to your name in 52 hours time... :-)
André Roux (PMP)
Community Moderator

Any suggestions- On/Before exam day May 16 8 years 10 months ago #5560

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
I personally felt the exam simulator was more difficult. It actually gave me anxiety that I wasn't scoring as well as I wanted to on the practice exams. I made me doubt myself.

For preparation I would focus on creating your brain dump that you will use for your pre-exam time. For mine, I re-created all for formulas on a page several times the days prior to my exam. I even did one out in the parking lot before I walked in. That way it was a fast creation (fresh in my mind) as soon as I hit the start button on the exam.

Make sure and have a little something to eat prior like a granola bar or fruit for a little energy. I'd avoid too much to drink so that you don't need to have a restroom break during the exam.
Community Moderator

Any suggestions- On/Before exam day May 16 8 years 10 months ago #5563

• Dawn Upperman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi Sumanth,

First of all cudos to you for you exam prep. I can't say that I found the real exam questions easier, but I did find the simulator questions a bit more challenging. The suggestion made by Scott regarding a brain dump is critical. I actually spent time practicing creating my brain dump prior to the exam. That took out a lot of the stress. Best of luck!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login