fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Study Partner?

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5434

• Jennifer Persaud
  • Jennifer Persaud's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi All,

I am in the process of studying for the PMP exam. I already completed a few of the quizzes and a simulated exam. I've been studying the last three to four weeks. However, I would like to partner up with a fellow test taker and review some of the content weekly or whatever scheduled seems to work that person.

Is anyone interested?

Thank you,
Jennifer

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5435

• Rahul Kakkar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 56
Hi Jennifer,

Just would like to wish you good luck for your exam! I hope you find a study partner through these forums. In either case, feel free to post your queries / questions / reviews. We'll be more than glad to help you walk through it as ensuring you clear your exam is our number one priority!
Rahul Kakkar, PMP, MBA
Community Moderator

How are we doing? Your opinion matters. To help us improve, please check out our survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/pmpexamforum

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5438

• Dawn Upperman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi Jennifer,
I, too,hope you are able to find a study partner through these forums. As Rahul said, feel free to post your questions. We are also available to offer study tips.

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5439

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
Hi Jennifer,
I suggest that you check if there is a PMI chapter near you, you will probably find other PMP aspirants who will be interested to Cowork with other on achieving the PMP

www.pmi.org/membership/chapters-pmi-chapters.aspx
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5446

• Jennifer Persaud
  • Jennifer Persaud's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you everyone for the responses. So far no luck. I will take a look at the local chapters Ahmed suggested.

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5447

• Andre Roux
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Jennifer,

Another resource you could try is Linkedin groups. I found a number of PMP study groups there, and although I did not pursue that route myself, it might be what you are looking for.

Regards, and good luck with the exam.
André Roux (PMP)
Community Moderator

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5448

• Jonathan Robinson
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'd be interested but I feel I'd drag you down. I've been studying now for about 3 months and it feels like I am slowly becoming more and more of a procrastinator. :(

I recommend the I want to be a PMP® group for conversation.

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5449

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Jennifer,

We are going to promote your post next Sunday via our PMP Exam Tips newsletter. About 50,000 people will see the post. Let's see what happens... :ohmy:
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gholamreza Parsaei

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5450

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
Jennifer, That is lovely news from Cornelius :woohoo:
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5453

• Jennifer
  • Jennifer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Cornelius,

Thank you for the promotion. I definitely appreciate it.

Regards,
Jennifer

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5454

• Jennifer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you Jonathan! I am looking for a study partner who is interested in sync-up on a weekly basis for about another hour. Basically, review and discuss areas we are struggling with. Not sure if this is feasible.

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5455

• Jennifer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you Andre for the suggestion!

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5456

• Andre Roux
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Heee Haaaa!!! buckle up and enjoy the ride...
André Roux (PMP)
Community Moderator

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5457

• Ayo O
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Good luck Jennifer! Collaboration is a good idea. You will be able to rub minds with others on knotty concepts and confusing terminologies. We will also be here on PM PrepCast forum to answer any question you might have.
MSc, PMP
Community Moderator
OSP International LLC
Last edit: by Ayo O.

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5469

• Sonia
  • Sonia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello,
Are you based in London? I am looking for a PMP study partner too? Let me know and maybe we can link up :)

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5470

• raihan
  • raihan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello,

I would be happy if we can help and motivate each other to become a PMP.

Wishing you all the very best

Raihan

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5471

• Robert Kitchen
  • Robert Kitchen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi There,

I would be happy to have a study partner. I've been studying for a little under a month now. I've gone through the PMBOK once and am on my second run through.

Shoot me an email to set up some study times.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Looking forward to working with you

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5472

• Felicia Valenzuela
  • Felicia Valenzuela's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I am interested in a study partner. I am using an on-line study guide and have gone through 9 of 12 chapters and have not taken a simulated exam yet. I will be out of the country the last week of May but have a set date to take the exam on June 27th. I could really use a study partner but not sure if I am at your level but am interested. Contact me if you would like to discuss possibilities. Thanks and good luck!

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5473

• Gaurav
  • Gaurav's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Jennifer,

This is in reference to the email I received from Cornelius Fichtner, regarding PMP Exam study partner requested from your end.
Last year, I had prepared for PMP exam for a month (November), but due to work related engagement, I did not pursue it further. I have resumed my preparation again recently.
If you are still looking for the study partner, you can always contact me.

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5474

• Gaurav
  • Gaurav's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Felicia Valenzuela,

Last year, I had prepared for PMP exam for a month (November), but due to work related engagement did not pursue it further. I have resumed my preparation again recently.
If you are still looking for the study partner, you can always contact me.

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5475

• Hameed Bhatti
  • Hameed Bhatti's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'm interested in a study partner as well. Let me know what your requirements are.

Regards,
Hameed

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5476

• Sumitra.sampath
  • Sumitra.sampath's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi I think that's kind of a cool idea. Please shoot me an email

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5477

• Ahmad.summak
  • Ahmad.summak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
DearJennifer,
first of all I wish you success in your studies ... secondly I want to study for the exam, which will be after three months, so if you want we can start study together.

Regards,
Ahmad.

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5478

• David Macaskill
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Sure. How would it work?

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5479

• Mir Mohammad Nasim Hossain
  • Mir Mohammad Nasim Hossain's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi, Jenifer, i am also preparing for PMP, so i am interested to study together. Pls let me know what's your plan to move forward.

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5480

• Wael
  • Wael's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Jenifer
i am aleady scheduled on 7 June to take PMP exam, so i am in process to wrap up PMBOK for the third time..we can be partners contact me if you want

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

regards

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5481

• Daffodil
  • Daffodil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Jennifer, this is geat ... are you in NJ or USA. I am interested to get a study partner.

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5482

• Tahir
  • Tahir's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Jennifer,

I am also looking for a partner. I have completed most of my study and starting some practice exam questions. I am in Washington DC area, let me know if you are interested.

thanks

Tahir

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5483

• Tahir
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi All,

I am looking for a study partner around Washington DC area. If anyone interested please contact me.

thanks

Tahir
571-218-9147

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5486

• Erin Trimble
  • Erin Trimble's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Jennifer! I would be interested in being your study partner. I am also studying for my PMP exam and would love to discuss exam questions, etc. I am hoping to take my exam sometime in June or July. Please let me know if you would be interested in connecting to study.

Erin

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5487

• Anurag
  • Anurag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I would be happy to join. I have completed training from PM Prep cast and just started Rita.

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5488

• Gilbert Ayamah
  • Gilbert Ayamah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,

Am interested.

Gilbert

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5489

• Sandeep Bhardwaj
  • Sandeep Bhardwaj's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Jennifer,

I am preparing for PMP exam and done with PMBOK as well as RITA once. Now, going ahead with second round of PMBOK. I would like to be your study partner so that we can discuss and clear all doubts while preparing for our exam.

Regards
Sandeep

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5490

• Jennifer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi All,

Thanks for all of the positive responses. I am still interested in studying with someone. I am scheduled to take the exam on June 14th (pretty much looking at an aggressive study plan for the next month). I've done a bunch of quizzes and completed two simulated exams. If you are not dedicated and willing to chat at least once a week for an hour (or more, if possible) then I am not the person to study with. Also, it might be easier to connect with someone form a similar time zone, considering I am on the east coast and can only connect after 8PM EST Monday thru Friday's and anytime on the weekends.

I envision the sessions for each of us to chat or even question each other on our worst performing knowledge area. For example, this week I am struggling a little with cost (my results are not that great), therefore, if someone can ask me specifics about the cost knowledge area that will be great and I will do the same for that person and their weak areas.

So far, I am not sure of the times zones for the folks who replied to this thread thus far but it seems like Tahir is the closest to my time zone.

Thanks much,
Jennifer

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5491

• Jennifer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Looks like we may take the exam around the same time. Send me an email, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thanks,
Jennifer

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5492

• Tahir
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sounds good to me. I am available As I m also planning to take the exam in 2 months.

Regards

Tahir

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5493

• Rakesh
  • Rakesh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Jenifer! Where are you at? I am in Vancouver Canada, planning to take my exam in 3 - 4 months. What is your time line? WE could connect on Skype or via Emails.

Please let me know.

Rakesh

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5494

• Rajan
  • Rajan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,

When you are planning to have exam?

Thanks

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5495

• Wale Akinsiku
  • Wale Akinsiku's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Jennifer, I'm also just starting to prepare for my PMP and would love to have a study partner. You can send me a direct mail in This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . Hope we will be able to succeed together.

Regards
Wale

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5496

• Dawn Upperman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
It's wonderful that there are so many responses. Best of luck to all of you as you study together and remember we are here if you have any questions or need study tips.

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5497

• Lylie King
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Jennifer, I'd be more than happy to join you as a study partner. I'm on the MST zone.

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5498

• Alphonse Rutayisire
  • Alphonse Rutayisire's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Jennifer,

Alphonse here. I would like to partner with you on this journey. I have already taken my First Action In Learning sometime early this year. I have an idea of what I may have done wrong. I have now registered for the second round valid until next year May 2015. However, this time, I would like to retake the exam before November 2015 just so that I can work with existing manuals due to upcoming PMI changes to the PMBok content( addition tasks). By writing this note to you, I am reinforcing my super commitment to getting this certification and embedded knowledge that comes with it.

So, let's get working Jennifer. We will make it.

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5499

• kinglyl@gmaillylie
  • kinglyl@gmaillylie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 p.m. is 6 my time that works for me.

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5500

• Lylie King
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
8 p.m. EST. Is 6 my time that works well for me. Maybe post your schedule I can get a free conference If you are interested. ..i

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5502

• Syed
  • Syed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,

Having recently accomplished PMP designation, I will be happy to help any one preparing for the exam. I will be having my vacations from June to 13 and will be available full time in that period for any discussions. I am based in Toronto (Canada) and can be can be reached at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Regards,

Syed

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5503

• Carlos Munoz
  • Carlos Munoz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Jennifer,
I would be interested in partnering. Have attempted the exam once and have been studying on and off for a while, having a partner would help me focus and stay on target.
Please share details and hopefully we can succeed together and share with others.

Best,
Carlos Munoz

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5504

• Terlika Pandit Sood
  • Terlika Pandit Sood's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I would like to become her study partner. Lease email me with further details.
Thx

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5505

• Anil
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Jennifer,

I would say you are in the right place looking for a study partner. I have recently gave the exam and believe it would have been better, if I had a study partner. However, using the forum to get answers to my queries worked wonders for me, as you get multiple view points from several members, help to incorporate the most relevant ones. Please feel free to post your queries or send a pm, I would be happy to help. Wish you the best for the upcoming preparations and exams.

Cheers,
Anil

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5506

• Ahmed
  • Ahmed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi - if you are in Abu Dhabi we can partner to prepare for the exam which I plan to take in a month time or so.

Study Partner 8 years 11 months ago #5507

• Asif Hasan
  • Asif Hasan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I am trying to study and is looking for a study partner or a group. I have a friend, who is also interested. Please contact me to discuss this further.

Thanks
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login