fbpx

Reply: Question about Logical Dependance

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Question about Logical Dependance

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 10 months ago #5436

Sameh

's Avatar

Dear All

regarding the question no 2,71 and 75 in the same web site

www.oliverlehmann.com/pmp-self-test/75-free-questions.htm

could any one explain to me how to solve it ?? i have seen in Rita and Head first book but unfortunately i haven't found any thing similar to those questions , so could you advise me any web site or books can guide me for this type of questions ?

Thanks in Advance
Sameh
8 years 11 months ago #5402

Sameh

's Avatar

Dear all

First of all thank you for your quick response , Andre you are absolutely right I wrote 42 by mistake , the right answer is 37 as you have mentioned , i have just checked the right answer in the web site now

web site is www.oliverlehmann.com/pmp-self-test/75-free-questions.htm

Thanks team
8 years 11 months ago #5400

Ahmed Amin

Hi Sameh,
I agree to the conclusion that Andre has reached.

but please as Cornelius requested, state the URL of the website to maintain credit !
8 years 11 months ago #5399

Andre Roux

Hi Sameh,

I think the answer of 42 days is wrong. The only way I get to 42 is if I treat the FF-2 as a FS-2, in which case I get 20+10+(5-2)+(6+3)=42.

In my opinion the answer should be 37 days. 20+10+(6+3-2)=37. Because of the FF relationship between tasks 2 & 3, the duration of task 3 does not come into play. Task 2 starts on day 21, and finishes on day 31, which means task three had to end on day 29 (FF-2) and thus started 5 days earlier on day 24. The next dependency is between tasks 3 & 4 (FS +3), which means task 4 will only start 3 days after task three ended, which was on day 29 resulting in task 4 only starting o day 32, which brings milestone B in at day 37 them.

Regards
8 years 11 months ago #5396

Cornelius Fichtner

Sameh,

Please tell us WHICH website you found this on. Please provide exact URL. Thank you.
8 years 11 months ago #5395

Sameh

's Avatar

Dear All

I have found the attached problem in website , and the answer is 42 days , could anyone explain the details of answer for it ?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login