fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Question about Logical Dependance

Question about Logical Dependance 9 years 1 week ago #5395

• Sameh
  • Sameh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dear All

I have found the attached problem in website , and the answer is 42 days , could anyone explain the details of answer for it ?

Last edit: by John Paul Bugarin.

Question about Logical Dependance 9 years 1 week ago #5396

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Sameh,

Please tell us WHICH website you found this on. Please provide exact URL. Thank you.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Question about Logical Dependance 9 years 1 week ago #5399

• Andre Roux
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Sameh,

I think the answer of 42 days is wrong. The only way I get to 42 is if I treat the FF-2 as a FS-2, in which case I get 20+10+(5-2)+(6+3)=42.

In my opinion the answer should be 37 days. 20+10+(6+3-2)=37. Because of the FF relationship between tasks 2 & 3, the duration of task 3 does not come into play. Task 2 starts on day 21, and finishes on day 31, which means task three had to end on day 29 (FF-2) and thus started 5 days earlier on day 24. The next dependency is between tasks 3 & 4 (FS +3), which means task 4 will only start 3 days after task three ended, which was on day 29 resulting in task 4 only starting o day 32, which brings milestone B in at day 37 them.

Regards
André Roux (PMP)
Community Moderator

Question about Logical Dependance 9 years 1 week ago #5400

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
Hi Sameh,
I agree to the conclusion that Andre has reached.

but please as Cornelius requested, state the URL of the website to maintain credit !
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator

Question about Logical Dependance 9 years 1 week ago #5402

• Sameh
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dear all

First of all thank you for your quick response , Andre you are absolutely right I wrote 42 by mistake , the right answer is 37 as you have mentioned , i have just checked the right answer in the web site now

web site is www.oliverlehmann.com/pmp-self-test/75-free-questions.htm

Thanks team

Question about Logical Dependance 8 years 11 months ago #5436

• Sameh
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dear All

regarding the question no 2,71 and 75 in the same web site

www.oliverlehmann.com/pmp-self-test/75-free-questions.htm

could any one explain to me how to solve it ?? i have seen in Rita and Head first book but unfortunately i haven't found any thing similar to those questions , so could you advise me any web site or books can guide me for this type of questions ?

Thanks in Advance
Sameh
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login