fbpx

Reply: Inputs to "Administer Procurements process"

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Inputs to "Administer Procurements process"

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 1 day ago #5329

Sarah Burden

I would also be worried about using a simulator which is referring to out of date PMBOKs. You do not want to waste money on products that are going to prepare you for the wrong exam. The PMP exam is always based on the current PMBOK.
9 years 1 day ago #5328

Dawn Upperman

Hi Anil,

I, too, am in agreement with the responses made so far especially making sure that your study materials are all up to date. Best of luck!
9 years 2 days ago #5327

Andre Roux

Hi Anil,

I am in agreement with both Ayo & Steve. Focus on specifically PMBOK 5th Edition in anything you use to prepare for the exam. PMI goes to great lengths to ensure ALL exam questions are applicable to 5th edition, so do not worry about any prior edition exam questions, as there are enough 5th edition resources out there.

Regards
9 years 2 days ago #5326

Steve Sandoval

Anil,

I agree with Ayo. I would also strongly encourage you to use study materials that are up to date with the most recent edition of the PMBOK. In my experience, it's hard enough keeping everything straight without adding avoidable confusion!
9 years 2 days ago #5325

Ayo O

Anil,

You are right. "Administer procurement" is a PMBOK 4th Edition process. You should not see this on your PMP test as this process has been superseded by "Conduct Procurement" in the current PMBOK 5th Edition.

Hope this helps.

Ayo
9 years 3 days ago #5324

Anil

Hi,

I found this question on headfirst PMP exam and would like to discuss the validity of this question. IMU Procurement Management plan is an input to Conduct Procurements process. I belive that in PMBOK4th edition it was called "Administer Procurements process". Can anyone confirm this.

Q: Which of the following is NOT an input of the Administer Procurements process?

A Work Performance Information
B Procurement Management Plan
C Contract
D Procurement Documents

Answer: B (from Head First PMP)

Performance Domain: Monitoring & Controlling process
Task: Verify and Manage Changes to the Project
Administer Procurements is the Monitoring & Controlling process for Procurement Management. It's when you run into a change that has to be made to a specific contract. You use work performance information to determine how the contract is going, and the contract and procurement documents to see exactly what everyone's on the hook for. But you don't actually see the Procurement Management Plan as an input to administer procurements.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login