fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Identify Stakeholder Process -

Identify Stakeholder Process - 9 years 1 week ago #5285

• Murambwa Clever Haparari
  • Murambwa Clever Haparari's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hie guys

If you realise that your project has many stakeholders do you make an effort to gather all their needs, and only document the needs for the Key Stakeholders.

I have attempted 2 practice questions, and both didn't have the same answer, in fact both answers were correct in the other, and both wrong.

one had document only requirements and needs of Key stakeholders because the PM usually has limited time as the correct answer. The other had gather all stakeholder requirements.

I was wondering, is gathering and documenting the differentiators here.

Identify Stakeholder Process - 9 years 1 week ago #5287

• Rahul Kakkar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 56
Hi Murambwa,

I believe that we should carry out an initial gathering exercise to classify the stakeholders according to their interest, influence, and involvement in the project, taking into consideration the fact that the affect or influence of a stakeholder may not occur or become evident until later stages in the project or phase.

Once we've had that matrix ready, we should proceed to document in details the needs and requirements of the stakeholders whose relationships are necessary to ensure the success of the project.
Rahul Kakkar, PMP, MBA
Community Moderator

How are we doing? Your opinion matters. To help us improve, please check out our survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/pmpexamforum
The following user(s) said Thank You: Murambwa Clever Haparari

Identify Stakeholder Process - 9 years 1 week ago #5288

• Murambwa Clever Haparari
  • Murambwa Clever Haparari's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanx Rahul for the clarification.....the documenting in detail is what I could have missed in one of the question.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login