fbpx

Reply: 35 Contact Hours

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : 35 Contact Hours

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 2 months ago #5112

Rae

's Avatar

I agree that both the full lessons and the overviews are helpful.

My suggestion is to "speed up" the full lessons - my podcast player allows me to go faster than the recordings!

As I have project management experience, I've been listening to Cornelius at 2x the normal speed and reading the slides as he goes.

I'm not sure it means I'll get a better score, but I feel confident that I'll have fulfilled the application of 35 hours of training input for the PrepCast. Just to make it clear though, I'm also reading through the PMBOK Guide and doing the review questions at the end of each unit.
9 years 2 months ago #5091

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello Connie,

There is a "technical" rule and also an "ethical" rule about the 35 contact hours.

In regards to the technical side, we have set up our system in such a way that you must wait at least 2 weeks before you can take the Final Exam and receive the 35 contact hours certificate. (And btw... you have to answer 17 out of 25 questions correctly. It's not a hard test.)

And then there is also the ethical side to this. Of course you could simply wait for 2 weeks, watch 0 of our videos and then take the Final Exam to get your certificate. But of course that is first of all completely unethical and also not the point of taking the PMP exam. The videos that we've developed contain a lot of information that will help you to become better as a project manager and not "just" help you prepare for the PMP exam.

So my recommendation echoes what has been said... take the time to watch the videos. You want to become a "proud" PMP and not someone who just adds 3 letters behind their name in the fastest way possible without improving.
9 years 2 months ago #5089

Dawn Upperman

Hi Connie Bai,

I'm inclined to agree with Ahmed's recommendation that you watch all the videos. There were little nuggets of information that I found helpful in the long run. However, if you are short on time, I would go ahead and just watch the overview videos, as Andre mentioned, and if you don't pass the first time, you can review and retake it. The test is multiple choice and is very straightforward. If you decide to take the shortcut to pass the test for 35 contact hours,I would recommend that you go back and view all the videos as you prep for the PMP exam. Best of luck!
9 years 2 months ago #5088

Ahmed Amin

Hi Connie Bai,
I highly recommend that you watch all the videos for the 35 contact hours. although i have experience in PM, there were some topics that were new to me and it will ensure your knowledge is refreshed and aligned with the PMBOK Guide.

Regarding the exam, you will have to wait for 2 weeks after the purchase to be able to take the exam. and for the passing score, I recall you have to answer around 80% questions correctly to get your 35 contact hours but the exam is relatively easy and straight forward.

good luck.
9 years 2 months ago #5086

Andre Roux

Hi Connie,

It depends on the amount of real life PM experience you have. In my case I only watched all the overview videos (the ones marked as .00) for each knowledge area, and that was sufficient for me to pass and earn the 35PDU's required to get my application finalised.

Should you not pass first time, just review areas you feel you were weak on, and retake the test.

Regards, and good luck.
9 years 2 months ago #5083

Connie Bai

Do I need to finish all videos on PM PrepCast in order for me to take the exam for 35 contact hours? There are a lot of them and it is very time consuming to finish them all in a short time. Is there a shortcut for this?

Also, how many questions out of 35 do I need to answer correctly in order for me to earn 35 contact hours?

Thanks.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login