fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Third Attempt in PMP exam

Third Attempt in PMP exam 9 years 2 months ago #5009

• MEHMET ALI SALLI
  • MEHMET ALI SALLI's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Dear Mr.Cornellius and Dear Forum Members

My name is Mehmet and I am Construction PM.Last year I have attempted two times for PMP exams , but failed because of over-workload site construction conditions and not having enough time to prepare well.

My eligibility expires on 20 Jan 2015 and I have one more attempt right for the PMP exam.

However,according to my searches, I am thinking that ,I prefer to choose the way let my PMP application expire ,applying again and give myself another year and 3 fresh attempts.

At this point I would like to share your recommendations and experiences related to my questions which are:

1-What will be the best time for application ,since my eligibility expires on 20 Jan 2015 (Right after this day or is there any defined time period for aplication?)

2-Since I do not loose my eligibilty and waiting one more year, I would like to learn true procedure for this special case.

Looking forward to your response and I will be grateful for your valuable recommendations .

Many Thanks for your time in advance,

Kind regards,

Third Attempt in PMP exam 9 years 2 months ago #5010

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Mehmet,

I believe the information that we have posted in our PMP Exam Tip www.project-management-prepcast.com/inde...ee/pmp-exam/tips/298 is correct and applies to your case:

You can let your eligibility expire and then re-apply on January 21st for the PMP exam. This means that you start at zero and have to input everything again. You also have to pay the PMP application fee again.

However... to be on the safe side I have written to PMI about this and asked for their guidance as well. I will let you know here what their response is.

Does anyone else have experience with this particular approach/case of letting the application expire and then re-applying?
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Third Attempt in PMP exam 9 years 2 months ago #5028

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Mehmet,

PMI has confirmed that you can re-apply immediately:

He can reapply immediately for the exam because he only failed twice.

Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: MEHMET ALI SALLI

Third Attempt in PMP exam 9 years 2 months ago #5031

• MEHMET ALI SALLI
  • MEHMET ALI SALLI's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Dear Cornelius,

Many thanks for your support and I will act,accordingly,

I believe that ,this time,I have enough time and more suitable conditions that I can prepare better for PMP exam especially with your PMP-Prepcast sysytem.I hope to share my success story with you.

Best regards,

Third Attempt in PMP exam 9 years 2 months ago #5032

• Dawn Upperman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi Mehmet,

So glad you are going to try again. Please feel free to check back to the forum for support as you study. Best of luck!

Third Attempt in PMP exam 9 years 2 months ago #5033

• Rahul Kakkar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 56

MEHMET ALI SALLI wrote: Dear Cornelius,

Many thanks for your support and I will act,accordingly,

I believe that ,this time,I have enough time and more suitable conditions that I can prepare better for PMP exam especially with your PMP-Prepcast sysytem.I hope to share my success story with you.

Best regards,

Go for it Mehmet. If you reconnect with the reasons why you want to do the PMP you'll find the time. Wish you all the luck and we're here for your queries.
Rahul Kakkar, PMP, MBA
Community Moderator

How are we doing? Your opinion matters. To help us improve, please check out our survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/pmpexamforum

Third Attempt in PMP exam 9 years 2 months ago #5035

• Mehmet
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Rahul,for your message.
All the best.
Mehmet Salli

Third Attempt in PMP exam 9 years 2 months ago #5036

• Mehmet
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Dawn,
Thanks for your support.
All the best,

Mehmet
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login