fbpx

Reply: What's next after PMP for me?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : What's next after PMP for me?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 3 months ago #4936

Andre Roux

Hi Abhirup,

PMP is a certification that states that you should be competent in managing and delivering projects according to PMI's PMBOK framework, and should provide current and future employers with a level of comfort as to your ability to deliver projects successfully. PDU's are merely the PMI's internal vehicle for ensuring your certification is still current, and demonstrates to future employers that your PMP certification still carries the required level of relevance in todays continuously changing times. Employers will never see your PDU status, but only whether your PMP certification is still in good standing or not.

I would therefore work out a plan to obtain the required 60 PDU's over the next 36 month period, but use the PMP certification as a credential when applying for new assignments. if you are looking for career advancement, I would visit some of the major job listing sites and search for positions requiring your skills and experience and which specify PMP certified applicants only. You should find some good assignments, with the commensurate increased remuneration to match your newly acquired PMP certification, and then the responsibility is on you to convince them you are the best candidate and to then go and deliver successful projects.

Regards
9 years 3 months ago #4929

Steve Sandoval

Yes, now would be a good time to start thinking about PDUs. But what was it that motivated you to earn your PMP? If it was for career advancement, it would be a good idea to let your management know of your new certification. If you've been looking for increased responsibility, now would be a great time to make a case that you're ready for it!
9 years 3 months ago #4925

Michael DeCicco

A good path is the one that got you here. The PMP handbook explains the PDU accreditation system. You have limitless opportunities to earn PDUs. Read about the categories and as you perform PMP related activities, be sure to log those credits in the online database when you log in to you PMI account. Remember to keep a trail of paperwork as evidence of what you submit because PMI has the right to audit records.
9 years 3 months ago #4924

Abhirup Banerjee

Hi all,

I have 9 years of experience in IT and I have worked with some major organisations.
Yesterday I have passed my PMP certification exam. Major part of my experience have been working in Support type of projects.

My question is now what should be a good path for me now? Should I look for the opportunities for PDU?

Please guide me. Thanks in Advance.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login