fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Process Group and Knowledge Area Mapping

Process Group and Knowledge Area Mapping 9 years 5 months ago #4755

• Abhimanyoo Jugurnauth
  • Abhimanyoo Jugurnauth's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have just created a spreadsheet which I will be using to get my Process Group and Knowledge Area Mapping correct. It is very simple. Just click on the cell where there is a dot and you will have a drop down menu. You just need to select the correct one from the list. At the end you check how many you got correct.
I will be doing that for the ITTOs soon.
Last edit: by Cornelius Fichtner.
The topic has been locked.

Process Group and Knowledge Area Mapping 9 years 5 months ago #4757

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Hello Abhimanyoo,

I'm afraid, but I have removed your XLS attachment from your message because you have entered into a "gray area" of the copyright law here.

Let me explain:

It is definitely OK for you to create this XLS document and use it as a personal study aid during your own exam preparation. I also don't see much of a problem if you send this XLS document via email to a few of your colleagues who are preparing for their exam. But I think that it is problematic for you to post this file on the internet and make it available to potentially thousands of people.

This is because the content of your document is based on The PMBOK Guide. This content is owned and copyright protected by PMI. So basically... you have copy/pasted PMI owned content into a spreadsheet and added some logic to it. This is what is generally known as a "derivative product". And in order to create and then publicly distribute such a derivative product you will need permission from the copyright owner. And I'm going out on a limb here and assume that you don't have a signed permission agreement with PMI for this.

And so if PMI sees this study aid in a public forum like this one here, it might mean that PMI may be asking us to remove it. I say "might" and "may", because the whole thing is a bit on the gray side and nobody knows for sure!. But this forum here is owned by a PMI Registered Education Provider and so we are taking the cautious approach.

So while I commend your efforts in creating this tool, we cannot allow you to post it through our forums.

Thank you for understanding.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Process Group and Knowledge Area Mapping 9 years 4 months ago #4839

• Abhirup Banerjee
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
As CF said it is okay to share the matarial in email for study.

Can you send me the Xls that you have made for ITTOs?

I am studying for ITTOs and it will definately help me a lot in preparation.

my email id is: [email address removed by CF due to copyright concerns]
IMPOSSIBLE Itself says I M POSSIBLE
Last edit: by Cornelius Fichtner.

Process Group and Knowledge Area Mapping 9 years 4 months ago #4853

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Abhirup,

CF definitely did not say "it's OK to share the material in email for study". What he said is this:

I also don't see much of a problem if you send this XLS document via email to a few of your colleagues who are preparing for their exam. But I think that it is problematic for you to post this file on the internet and make it available to potentially thousands of people.

I'm not going to explain when it is OK to share and when it is not, because (a) from an ethical and legal standpoint it is never OK and (b) you don't need me to explain it because you know yourself what is right or wrong.

Please do not interpret the words of CF as a means to "legalize" your actions and please do not use our forums to share what is potentially copyrighted materials.

CF will now close this discussion, because the topic is so black and white that no further comments are required.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abhirup Banerjee
  • Page:
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login