fbpx

Reply: Strategy for marking questions for review

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Strategy for marking questions for review

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 5 months ago #4673

Michael DeCicco

To add to what Ahmed said, I'd like to point out how you should game plan your test taking time budget. I mean you have four hours. You won't know every answer and that's okay. If you prepare well enough you will succeed. You should try to take the test in 3 1/2 hours which gives you not only time to review marked questions, which are those that you don't know or are very unsure about, as well as time to simply look at your answers. Sometimes you can breeze through a question that is so apparent that you might simply mark the wrong choice. Don't let those lessons learned happen to you. Now, as Ahmed cautioned, don't try to have more than 10% to 20 % marked for review. Having more than that can distract you during the test because some of the answers kind of prepare for other questions later on in the test and then you set off a chain of non-confidence in your mind. I'll leave you with, your goal is to pass with about 80% and remain confident.
9 years 5 months ago #4672

Ahmed Amin

yes of course, you can review all questions. the mark for review is just to easily identify those questions when you are done with the exam. you will usually mark questions that you were not confident enough of the answer or that you just guessed the answer and you decided it would require another look.
9 years 5 months ago #4671

Rahul Kakkar

Since I've never taken the test before I'm not sure of this but technically we can review any question right? Not just the marked ones?
9 years 5 months ago #4669

Ahmed Amin

Hi Rahul,
as you said, there is no definite answer to such question.

however my suggestion is that don't overuse the feature. I think one should mark between 10% to 20% of the questions for review.
9 years 5 months ago #4666

Rahul Kakkar

This might sound like a question which doesn't have a definite answer, but any guidelines or tips to help determine if a question is worthy of being marked for review (especially in cases where later on in the exam you realise you have to change the answer for a previous question) so that to keep the number of questions to review at a reasonable limit?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login