fbpx

Reply: Communication with a Very Large Audience

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Communication with a Very Large Audience

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 7 months ago #4481

Dawn Upperman

Hi Subhajit,
The PMBOK guide on page 295 indicates that “pull communication” is used for very large volumes of information as well as very large audiences. However, it also indicates that the choices of communication methods used for a project may need to be discussed and agreed upon by the project stakeholders based on communication requirements, time/cost constraints, etc. The short answer to your question is “pull”. However, based on project communication requirements, time/cost constraints,etc. and stakeholder agreement another communication type may be used. Hope this helps.
9 years 7 months ago #4480

Michael DeCicco

It's been a few weeks since my last duty as moderator because I packed up and moved to my new job in North Carolina. I'm glad to get back to the internet and PM Prepcast.

Here's my general advice to your question Subhajit. The PMBOK assigns you as the project manager. Therefore, in relation to everything you must study for the certification exam, you should remember this role is proactive. You are the person communicating in this case. Therefore you are pushing the information as the speaker. Now, if you are an audience member, you would still consider the communication as push because the concept the pull communication is, again, an active pursuit of information. That is to say, you as a project manager would be sitting at a computer terminal, for example, downloading information for whatever you need. And not to be left out, interactive communication would be something like you having a discussion with your team or stakeholders in a meeting.
9 years 7 months ago #4479

Subhajit Palit

:unsure:

Question :: "Your project calls for communication with a very large audience. What communication method would be appropriate under such circumstances?"

PUSH or PULL ?
Please justify why, as some blog I see suggests PULL, some Blog suggestions PUSH.

My understanding is : as its on user's discretion, its PULL.
However as the audience is massive, we need to send communication forcefully, so PUSH.

So whats correct then ??????

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login