fbpx

Reply: Important big picture about integration management

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Important big picture about integration management

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 8 months ago #4466

Dawn Upperman

Hi Maximiliano,

Yes the PMBOK Guide can be a bit confusing when it comes to understanding the flow. It may be helpful if, after you have studied and understand the various knowledge areas and processes, you study the data flow diagrams that are located in the PMBOK for each knowledge area (e.g. Figure 7-3 on page 196). The data flow diagram legend is located on page 60. I was somewhat confused in the same way before my exam. I actually printed out the page for each knowledge area’s data flow diagram and made a study packet out of them. Hope this helps. Good luck with your studies and exam!
9 years 8 months ago #4462

Sven Gruendahl

Hi there,

I guess I know what you mean. The whole PMBOK stuff is a little bit chicken & egg if you know what I mean ;)
You must at first understand each and every knowledge area and process on the famous page 61 in the PMBOK in detail
and only than you are able to start learning from scratch again and understand step by step how they are all linked.
In the second learning round you can create maps how all processes are linked to get your big picture or buy these products from RMC Project Management (Rita Mulcahy) which helped me a lot. (poster, flash card...)

If you have later specific questions about a process let us know and we will help you.

Cheers
Sven
9 years 8 months ago #4459

Maximiliano Llobet Roel

hi there!!

Thanks for all the good info and hope the community can keep active to help other newbies like me.

Sooo... here are my doubts, I am a big picture person, and I am finding quite hard ot get the big picture out of the whole PMBOK structure/framework. I'll go for the first clarification I need to fix though:

Within integration management knowledge of areas I encountered that many times inputs for the integration processes are subsidiaries knowledge of areas of processes that use the outputs from the integration process as an input .
Example: Management plan input: Cost management plan
Cost management plan K.A. process Plan cost management input: Management plan

1.-This bring me to trying to understand what comes first?

Thanks in advance for any reply. I am probably a bit lost in understanding the big picture.. so anybody who wants to add more insights on taht matter would be highly valued and appreciated

Thanks!!!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login