fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Depreciation Methods in PMP Exam?

Depreciation Methods in PMP Exam? 9 years 8 months ago #4447

• Kelly Geisler
  • Kelly Geisler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am studying/using the formula guide and formula test. There are questions about depreciation methods (straight line, sum-of-years-digits..etc..) When I first read these questions I was confused as I didn't recall them being mentioned in the PrepCast. This morning, I referenced the PMBOK book and they are not in there as well. SOOOO... do I need to know these methods for the PMP exam?

Thanks!

Depreciation Methods in PMP Exam? 9 years 8 months ago #4448

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Kelly,

Yes, you need to know them.

Remember that the PMP exam is not 100% based on the PMBOK Guide. And remember also that the PMBOK Guide is "just a guide". It does not contain 100% of all the knowledge about project management. And it's also correct that we do not mention all the formulas in the PrepCast - that's what the formula study guide is for.

Now the trouble with the formulas is such that if you ask 100 exam takers about formulas then about a third will tell you that they think studying formulas for the exam was a waste of their time, another third will tell you that they needed some formulas and the final third feels that knowing the formulas was absolutely key for them in order to pass the exam.

In other words you never know what formulas you will encounter on the exam. But in order to be prepared we recommend studying them.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login