fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Close Project or Phase

Close Project or Phase 9 years 9 months ago #4334

• Timothy Raymond Seril
  • Timothy Raymond Seril's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Is there a particular order or sequence that project closure activities (eg: gaining final acceptance, archiving, lessons learned, releasing resources) should be carried out?

I've seen some exam prep questions like 'when do you mark a project as complete?', or 'what should you do next?' --I don't have the exact wordings of the questions and their sources on hand at the moment, but I find these questions a little tricky as the possible answers are mostly activities under close project or phase...

Close Project or Phase 9 years 9 months ago #4337

• Dawn Upperman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
You are right, these questions can be tricky. Yes, there is an order for project closure activities and they fall under the Close process group of the Integration knowledge area. I suggest you review the PMBOK Guide 5th edition pages 100-104 which outlines the factors involved with that process.

Also be aware that the Project Procurement Management knowledge area includes the Close Procurements Phase. You may want to review that on pages 386-389.

It would be a good idea to get familiar with the various inputs and outputs of this process group as it should help you understand the flow for completing the closures. Hope this helps.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login