fbpx

Reply: Raising CR sequence and crashing schedule.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Raising CR sequence and crashing schedule.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 9 months ago #4319

Robert Decraene

I need to see the question before I can respond to the question. The Simulator is the best place to ask questions concerning specific Exam Simulator questions. This can be done while reviewing the questions and answers from finished exams that you've taken already. Once you submit a question using this option a Moderator will be able to answer you and look at the specific question at hand.

As for your question, if the PM just finished crashing the schedule I would assume that the need to crash the schedule has already been discussed with stakeholders and the change request has already been formally submitted and approved. However, I can't be certain unless I read the question and review the available answers. Regardless, if I just found out my project's SPI changed I would work on assessing and analyzing the schedule change to determine whether or not it is favorable. I would then update the project schedule accordingly and plan my next steps depending on the updates. Were any of these steps a possibility to choose from for the question at hand?
9 years 9 months ago #4315

Ashwin Kini

I am not sure where to have my queries specific to Exam Simulator questions asked. However just withholding the whole question, I am referring to Question ID 25072

Doesn't the PM need to raise a change request before she crashes the schedule? The question states the PM had just crashed the project just before the meeting and now have a new SPI. Ideally shouldn't she first discuss the matter with the stakeholders at the meeting, then raise a change request, and then implement? Is my sequence mentioned correct?
Or whether that is also to be assumed if the PM can simply use the Contingency Reserve for crashing and get the new numbers?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login