fbpx

Reply: Exam Content Outline

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Exam Content Outline

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 10 months ago #4182

Kruger

's Avatar

Thank you!

Cornelius Fichtner wrote: Rahul,

Module 70 is based on PMI's official PMP Examination Content Outline . This PDF document is the "basis" for the PMP exam and as the first step in creating it PMI did a "role delineation study". The tasks that you see in the document (and are presented in Module 70) are the tasks that a project manager is normally working on / responsible for.

All questions on the PMP exam are based on the tasks that are described in this document. In other words: If you understand these tasks, then you have a general idea about what topics/tasks the questions will be about. (Silly example: There is no task about "dishwashing" in this document, so none of the questions on the PMP exam will be asking you about the proper dishwashing methodology.)

My recommendation for aspiring PMPs is that they should use this document as a means of verifying that they have a solid understand all the tasks described herein. So pick any task from the document and make sure you know what it's talking about, what tools to use, when it happens in the project life-cycle, which skills you might need, etc.

Module 70 can therefore be used as a "checkpoint". Once you have reviewed 1-13 you can watch these lessons again to see if there are any tasks where you feel uncertain and some deeper studies are needed.

9 years 10 months ago #4181

Cornelius Fichtner

Rahul,

Module 70 is based on PMI's official PMP Examination Content Outline . This PDF document is the "basis" for the PMP exam and as the first step in creating it PMI did a "role delineation study". The tasks that you see in the document (and are presented in Module 70) are the tasks that a project manager is normally working on / responsible for.

All questions on the PMP exam are based on the tasks that are described in this document. In other words: If you understand these tasks, then you have a general idea about what topics/tasks the questions will be about. (Silly example: There is no task about "dishwashing" in this document, so none of the questions on the PMP exam will be asking you about the proper dishwashing methodology.)

My recommendation for aspiring PMPs is that they should use this document as a means of verifying that they have a solid understand all the tasks described herein. So pick any task from the document and make sure you know what it's talking about, what tools to use, when it happens in the project life-cycle, which skills you might need, etc.

Module 70 can therefore be used as a "checkpoint". Once you have reviewed 1-13 you can watch these lessons again to see if there are any tasks where you feel uncertain and some deeper studies are needed.
9 years 10 months ago #4180

Rahul Kakkar

I have very recently just subscribed to PM Prep Cast and have just begun with my preparation a couple of days back for the 35 contact hours and also eventually for the PMP exam.

I was going through Module 70 - Exam Content Outline.

I'm kinda confused as to what is the actual purpose of the tasks in that module and how do we actually go about preparing for the exam for that module? What is expected exactly in the exam as far as the "Tasks" are concerned and everything Module 70 talks about.

Modules 1-13 make it easy because of the "Self Assessments" at the end, but I'm confused with regards to Module 70.

I know this might be pre-mature as I've only started with the Prep Cast, but please bear with my question.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login