fbpx

Reply: questions on PMP requirements

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : questions on PMP requirements

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 1 month ago #16526

Reshma Umbarje

For part of my experience, I have been a freelance contractor with my own firm incorporated. In organization details for that experience, should I enter Client's organization details or my own firm's organization's details? My firm is a 1 employee firm and isn't as widely known as my multinational client.
5 years 1 month ago #16502

Reshma Umbarje

My Projects were IT projects. But my clients are in Banking industry. Should my primary industry be IT or Finance?
5 years 1 month ago #16501

Reshma Umbarje

Hi Cornelius,

Thank you for your reply. I spoke to Project Managers in my organization. They told me:
1. My role is Consultant and I have taken over PM responsibilities. So even if my official designation is not of a project manager, I can apply for PMP.

In PMP application, in calculating PM hours, I was planning to consider only 50% of my project time as towards leading and directing projects. But count the full non-overlapping month. Will that be a problem? Should I rather consider the same % in hours calculation and month calculation?
5 years 1 month ago #16419

Cornelius Fichtner

Reshma,

Yes. You are 100% correct. The qualification requirements for the PMP Exam are ONLY from the perspective of a project manager. This is because the PMP exam is a certification FOR project managers, who have been leading and directing projects for at least 3 years. If you are not a project manager or have not had the responsibilities of a project manager then you don't qualify to take the exam... :dry: :(
5 years 1 month ago #16418

Reshma Umbarje

Hi,

In Prepcast video tutorial 00.20 - "PMP Exam Overview", Cornelius Fichtner suggests that we mention our deliverable in project description. I have been a Business Analyst aiming to give PMP. Hence, my deliverables have been Business Requirement Document, Functional Specifications Documents, Solution Specification Document, etc as opposed to being sole author on project charter, project plan, etc. Would that be a problem? Is PMI looking for deliverables from project manager's point of view only?
5 years 2 months ago #16389

vikram

's Avatar

Does a Masters in Pharm (Industrial pharmacy) degree work for earning eligibility? My wife has worked on a few projects at her workplace in their different stages. Would that be applicable in being eligible for PMP? and would PMP prepacast in that case help her in preparing a resume, which I guess, is one of the eligibility criteria for PMP certification? Thanks

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login