fbpx

Reply: code of professional ethics

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : code of professional ethics

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 5 months ago #3853

Sachin Vehale

Thank you Cornelius for the explaination. I agree with 'It depends' answer in such situational questions about ethics.
10 years 5 months ago #3851

Cornelius Fichtner

Sachin,

There is no standard answer to your question. Let me ask you another question: What is the first thing you need to do if you are over budget? Or... what is the first thing you need to do if you notice that a deliverable is behind schedule? The answer is: "It depends".

It is the same with questions about ethics. You have to review the question, analyze the available answers and then make your selection. If you answered incorrectly, then all you can do is to read the explanation and learn from it.

It is unfortunate that I cannot give you better guidance, but when it comes to ethics the approach is not always black or white. There are many shades in between and it depends very much on the situation.
10 years 5 months ago #3849

Sachin Vehale

Hi,

From exam perspective - What to do FIRST in scenarios where you have noticed violation of code of professional ethics inside your project organization ?

Should you Confront the person who has violated the code OR report the violation to corresponding management/authority ?

It’s a dilemma for me as exam questions from different sources provided contradictory answers for these type of situational questions.(both the choices were present among 4 answers for the questions !)

Please advise

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login