fbpx

Reply: Change from 4th to 5th edition

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Change from 4th to 5th edition

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 8 months ago #3613

Cornelius Fichtner

Tessy,

Thank you for your kind words, and sorry that you could not get the exam scheduled before it changes. That's a pity and it means that you now need to study using PMBOK v5. In regards to recommendations on how to study, I have two links for you.

The first one is the article I wrote exactly for people in your situation and explains a possible approach to "upgrade" to the new exam:
www.project-management-prepcast.com/inde...ok-guide-5th-edition

And in regards to which books you can use, please refer to our website where we show 5 of them side by side. They are all good and will get you to the exam and which one to choose is really just personal preference. But do note, that not all of them at this time are available for PMBOK v5. Make sure that the one you select is updated:
www.project-management-exam-guide.com/in...p-exam-guide-reviews
10 years 8 months ago #3611

Tessy

Sure Cornelius,

I have referred a friend to you. You have put together a fantastic work with the pm pre-cast. Good job.

I have read the 4th edition too and I won't be able to take the exams. I have upgraded to the 5th edition of Pre-cast.

Can you please recommend an additional book to help in terms of studying, to help break down the PMBOK to be more simply to understand.

Thank you
10 years 8 months ago #3582

Cornelius Fichtner

Fernando,

Thank you. Please tell ALL your project management colleagues... :laugh:
10 years 8 months ago #3581

Fernando Henrique Manzatto Canevassi

Fernando Henrique Manzatto Canevassi's Avatar

Thanks a lot for your prompt response Cornelius !!
This is why pm-prep cast is outstanding.
10 years 8 months ago #3579

Cornelius Fichtner

Henrique,

First of all, I'm sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it. But don't despair. Even though the differences between PMBOK 4 and PMBOK 5 are quite substantial it is nothing that cannot be mastered.

I checked our system and I see that you received a free upgrade to The PM PrepCast version 5 already. (I have re-sent the welcome message with instructions to your Hotmail email address.) So you can now switch over to the new version.

I also recommend that you read the following article that gives you a plan on how to "upgrade" yourself to the new version:
www.project-management-prepcast.com/inde...ok-guide-5th-edition

This will get you started on the right way.
10 years 8 months ago #3578

Fernando Henrique Manzatto Canevassi

Fernando Henrique Manzatto Canevassi's Avatar

I just almost finished my studying using PMBOK 4th edition.
(PMBOK + Rita + Pm PrepCast).

I will not be able to do the test in 4th edition, because no dates are available.
What to do now ?
Just verify the points mentioned in the PMBOK as changed or read (a fast read) everything again ?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login