fbpx

Reply: Does old PMP Prepcast expire after Jult, 31st?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Does old PMP Prepcast expire after Jult, 31st?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 7 months ago #3636

Cornelius Fichtner

Riccardo,

You are asking about two things that are quite different:

1.) PrepCast Final Exam: This will continue to be available to you. So you can take the Final Exam for the "old" PrepCast anytime in the future and earn your 35 Contact Hours.

2.) Using the "old" PrepCast for the "real" PMP Exam: DON'T!!! As of yesterday the PMP exam is based on the PMBOK Guide 5th Edition, but The "old" PM PrepCast is based on the 4th edition. This means that you can NOT use the "old" PrepCast to prepare for your PMP exam.
10 years 7 months ago #3632

Riccardo Ceragioli

Cornelius,

I've just received an email from PMPrepcast saying that the "old" lessons will be shut down on Aug, 15th.

I understood from you previous reply to my original post that this should have not happened...

Anyway, my question is: will you shut down only the old lessons or the old exam also? I'm almost there, but Aug, 15th may be a too close deadline...

Regards,
Riccardo
10 years 8 months ago #3559

Cornelius Fichtner

Riccardo,

The "old" PM PrepCast "expires" on July 31st in the sense that you should no longer use it to prepare for your PMP exam. This is because that version is based on PMBOK 4 and after July 31st the exam will be based on PMBOK 5. So if you want to properly prepare for the exam after July 31st, then you should buy and use the new prepcast.

However, the 35 Contact Hours that you have earned by watching The "old" PM PrepCast are still valid. Contact hours never expire. So purely theoretically you could watch the "old" PrepCast and still take the "new" exam. But I cannot say how successful you will be, because the PMBOK Guide has changed quite a bit.

Please read this article here where I give suggestions on how to "upgrade" yourself to the new exam: www.project-management-prepcast.com/inde...ok-guide-5th-edition
10 years 8 months ago #3556

Riccardo Ceragioli

Hi,

I purchased the course a couple of years ago and I'm going to take the 35h certificate, but I'm not sure I can do it before July, 31st.

Can I do it after that date? Will the old PMP Prepcast "expire" after the end of July?

thanks in advance!

Riccardo

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login