fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP Application Form

PMP Application Form 10 years 10 months ago #3380

• Gaurav Bansal
  • Gaurav Bansal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I need your advice before filling the application form for the PMP exam.

I work for a financial services company (S&P Capital IQ, division of McGraw Hill Financial Group) and we have more of processes-based environment rather than project-based culture. I’ve been working with the company for last almost 8 year now. I’ve worked on two major processes during last 7 years, as follows:

Data Integrity and Management (5.5 years)

1. Designed logics to build the process for Quality Control Reports and Overall Data Integrity from scratch. The process provides more reliable and consistent data for the clients on real time basis. It helps to discover any data inconsistencies in a timely manner.
2. Developed insights from various analysis and comparisons focusing on company business classification, historical transactions, professionals, business subsidiaries, financials, geographic locations, and investments. Improved the data management system through regular inputs and suggestions.

Research Tasks Management & Quality Analysis (2 years)

1. Handled complete Research Task life cycle from identifying the task type, re-allocation to appropriate research team (if needed), comprehensive processing, quality checks, and writing closing email to the respective client.
2. Performed Data Sampling to study relevancy of tasks before implementation. Also calculated Project Time Estimations and resource requirement evaluation.

Do you suggest that I can mention the aforementioned details in my application form for the PMP exam (or you would like me to modify my descriptions).

PMP Application Form 10 years 10 months ago #3383

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Gaurav,

In your project description you want to use language that comes from the PMBOK Guide. The descriptions that you have given here are fine for your professional resume, but you should change them for the PMP application.

Describe what you have done on the project / processes for scope management, time management, cost management, integration management, and so on. Where you involved in developing the project management plan? Or the schedule? Did you do risk management?

The words you use in the descriptions should show that you understand the PMBOK Guide terminology and how you have applied this knowledge on your projects.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaurav Bansal

PMP Application Form 10 years 10 months ago #3396

• Gaurav Bansal
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks a lot Mr. Fichtner for your feedback.

I've made changes in the description of my profile for the application-form as follows (keeping in with the 550 characters limit for each description) :

1.) Enhancement of Data and Quality Control Management System

The project aimed to develop the Data Integrity Management Module along with producing customized
Quality Control Reports for the S&P Capital IQ financial product. It helped the clients immensely with a
reliable data management process.

I had a key role in planning the processes and mentoring team members to execute the project
components. The project was executed with timely deliveries, quality checks, and comprehensive
reviews. Internal guidelines and policies were updated through the configuration management and
knowledge management tools.

2.) Development of Client Request Management system

The project objective was to build a management system to accept and document 'Research-Tasks' for all
incoming client requests. The aim was to improve servicing time of the requests as defined in the
research priority by maintaining a structured format.

I planned the comprehensive process using an in-house tool called ‘BugTracker’ to manage the complete
Research Task life cycle. My key activities involved identification of risk and issues, resource allocation,
resource training, ensure review of the system and quality control of outputs.

PMP Application Form 10 years 10 months ago #3398

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Gaurav,

OK! Now don't forget to show this to your supervisor/contact person BEFORE you give it to PMI. You want to make sure that they agree, just in case that you get audited.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaurav Bansal, Mohammed Almohimeed

PMP Application Form 10 years 10 months ago #3399

• Gaurav Bansal
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
sure. I'll do the needful.

By the way, your video lessons are great. I really like them and they are helpful in my preparation.

Thanks a lot !
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login