fbpx

Reply: Strange question on practice test about

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Strange question on practice test about

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 10 months ago #3377

Srivathsalachary Vangeepuram

If a process happens to update other process' outputs, then we would consider it as project document updates.
Per PMBOK4, Define activities generates activity list,attributes and milestones, by taking inputs from scope baseline, PMIS (EEF), scheduling methodology (OPA) etc. The process does not update any existing project documents by that time.

For example, Risk response planning may identify changes to WBS and the activities list. This is another PMIism, may be!

I feel while decomposing the work packages into activities, you might realize that few work packages were missing, and you might as well change WBS. If PMP is not yet approved, thats okay, other wise you would go through change control process to reissue scope baseline.

Just wanted to share my viewpoint!

Regards,
Chary
10 years 10 months ago #3357

Cornelius Fichtner

Phew!

Glad to hear it!
10 years 10 months ago #3356

Ron Cruz

Not one of yours.
Actually it was what brought me here. I was like "enough of this free crap. I'm going somewhere I know I can trust the questions"
10 years 10 months ago #3355

Cornelius Fichtner

Ron,

Upon initial review I would tend to agree with you. Please tell me that this is not one of our questions... ?
10 years 10 months ago #3354

Ron Cruz

Of course it's a free exam so it could very well be wrong but here's the question:

"Which of the following does NOT generate changes to project documents?"

And the answer is Define Activities.

I really don't understand this. I mean the activity list and milestones list are part of the project plan and documents. Am I missing something or is this just a terrible test?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login