fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Exam - 1 Month of Studying

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Exam - 1 Month of Studying

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 10 months ago #3371

Daniel Hauer

Charbel, I went through episodes E04.XX through E10.XX again. I didn't necessarily listen to whole episode, but would skim through them to go over bullet points and listen to Cornelius only if I needed more clarification on a bullet point. If I would have had the time I would have listened through all of them again, but didn't really have enough time to devote to listening to all of them again.
10 years 10 months ago #3370

CHARBEL NEMNOM

Dear Daniel,

Congratulations for the great achievement!

Could you please advise which Episodes numbers you watched again before one week of the exam?
Executing/Monitoring & Controlling Process Group, which E#?.

My exam is in one week as well :)

Thank you and regards,

/Charbel.
10 years 10 months ago #3352

Daniel Hauer

Richard, yes they do give you time for a 15 minute tutorial on how the computer based test will work that isn't included in the 4 hours exam time. Not knowing for sure if it was ethical to use tutorial time for the brain dump, I felt doing the brain dump was part of the test, so I didn't feel right about doing it during the tutorial time. No one would have really know, but I didn't feel right about it.

Also, on some of those formulas, depreciation, communications channels, rom, six sigma and depreciation, I have used them many times before or was comfortable enough to recall them off the top of my head, so I didn't write them on the brain dump. If I would felt nervous about the test where I would have thought I might freeze on the test I would have written them down also. But I felt fairly confident on those formulas.
10 years 10 months ago #3351

Richard Rapice

You indicated you did a brain dump on formulas when you first Sat. I see you indicated it took 4 minutes.

I have timed myself on a brain dump and it took me 8 minutes.

This included, earned values, project selection, math basic, pert, communication, probability, depreciation, values including sigma and r.o.m. estimates.

how did you do all that in four minutes? Or maybe I am doing too much.

Was your set of formulas less than what I have indicated?

Any thought?

Cornelius or anyone can you weigh in on this please?
10 years 10 months ago #3350

Richard Rapice

Aren't you allowed like 15 minutes to go thru a prep for the computer setup screen?
10 years 10 months ago #3347

Daniel Hauer

I took the exam at a Prometric test center in Brookfield, Wisconsin.

The clock started counting down right when I sat down and clicked start. It took about 4 minutes to write down 12 Earned Value equations and the Process Group/Knowledge Areas Matrix, so it didn't cut into my actual exam time too much.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login