fbpx

Reply: Cost performance baseline

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Cost performance baseline

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 10 months ago #3378

Srivathsalachary Vangeepuram

I vaguely remember this correction to be included in PMBOK errata (Management reserves not part of cost baseline). Please have a look at errata in PMI site.

Regards,
Chary
10 years 10 months ago #3339

Cornelius Fichtner

Monika,

In Lesson E07.01 we write the following:

Contingency Reserve : The amount of funds, budget, or time needed above the estimate to reduce the risk of overruns of project objectives to a level acceptable to the organization.

Management Reserve : Budget reserves for unplanned changes to the project.

And in the narrative I explain that Contingency Reserve is part of the project budget, but that the Management Reserve is not, but instead it is part of the overall budget of the department and can be assigned to any project that is in trouble and needs additional cash to overcome those troubles.
10 years 10 months ago #3330

Monika Khanna

Is contingency reserve included in cost performance baseline?
I understood from Rita's book that contingency reserve is included in aggregated cost estimates to get cost baseline. By adding management reserve to cost baseline we get consolidated budget.
On reserve analysis TT discussion in PMBOOK , I came across statement that " Reserves are not part of project cost baseline, but may be included in the total budget for the project" . Is this statement for management reserves only?
In prepcast podcast for determine budget , I couldn't get this very clearly.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login