fbpx

Reply: advice please

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : advice please

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 10 months ago #3294

's Avatar

I took a full four hour exam this evening..... exam no. 8..... scored 61 percent...... can't seem to get above this percentile..... not sure what to do...... I suspect the breakdown score results may direct me as to where to focus my effort.....

Can I assume the pmp simulator mirrors the real exam fairly well in that there will be a good mix of short questions as well as several very long winded questions?

I ask that because the shorter questions appear easier to manage although my score my not reflect that .. however the long winded questions are a killer!

Any advice.
10 years 10 months ago #3268

Cornelius Fichtner

Richard,

I have looked at your results in our PM Exam Simulator and the first thing that strikes me is that you have never taken a full exam and answered all 200 questions. You have taken dozens of quick quizzes with 10 questions each, but you have never actually sat down for 4 hours and taken a complete exam. So my first suggestion is that you must take a full, 4-hour exam to see how you are doing in an "actual simulation". That will be the real litmus test for you to see how you are "really" doing.

And with that out of the way, let me also say that you will probably never feel ready to take the exam. I certainly didn't when I took it and it's not unusual for students to feel worried. What we also hear from those using our simulator is that the questions on the simulator are "harder" than on the real exam. Of course this is only their impression but it's the best we have. Generally speaking students feel that if you get 70% in our simulator then you should be OK on the real exam. Again... no hard facts to support that... just hearsay.

So... go ahead and take at least 2 full exams over the next week to check your score in a full, 4-hour exam. Then you know more.
10 years 10 months ago #3265

's Avatar

I have been studying very intently for 4 months. ...... I have used pm prep cast material, rita's pmp exam prep, edwel pm prep text book as well as the pmbok guide. I think this material is the best available currently on the market. I have read and answered more the 800 sample question....... I am so frustrated! After hours and hours of studies, many practice exams range from 50percent to 70 percent.... but largely my practice exams are consistently about 65 percent.....

What should I do? What can I do to get the scores up? And is it true that I should be scoring about 80 percent on these practice exams in order to successfully pass the real exam?
Thanx
Rick

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login