fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: rita's page 106

rita's page 106 11 years 1 week ago #3252

• Nadia Momani
  • Nadia Momani's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
hello
can anybody help me understanding how Rita solved the formula page 106 in her seventh addition book, i did not got the idea

rita's page 106 11 years 1 week ago #3254

• Serge Lionel YEBEL NDIGUI
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
hello, is it about how to calculate NPV at 10% rate of interest?

rita's page 106 11 years 1 week ago #3256

• Nadia Momani
  • Nadia Momani's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
yes,i couldn't understand the numbers in the table where did they come from
thank you

rita's page 106 11 years 6 days ago #3262

• Serge Lionel YEBEL NDIGUI
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello,

The numbers in the table are just an example to show how to calculate NPV by applying the formula.

I think the most important is to keep in mind that:NPV is the TOTAL present value of your Revenues minus the TOTAL present value of your cost.over a given time period.

in the table you have the column for Income/Revenue, then you have another column for Costs.

so for this table,

NPV (from time period 0 to 3) = TOTAL (Present value of Income(year 0) +Present value of Income (year 1) +Present value of Income (year 2) +Present value of Income (year 3) ) - TOTAL ( Present value of COST (year 0) +Present value of COST (year 1) +Present value of COST (year 2) +Present value of COST (year 3) ).

Thanks

Serge
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nadia Momani
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login