fbpx

Reply: question on scope creep

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : question on scope creep

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
11 years 3 weeks ago #3218

Visalakshmi Korrapolu

WAS allows tracking and authoring the work to be done at the right time in a proper sequence. This system would help to avoid scope creep as the team member would not be able to add anything 'extra' without appropriate authorization.

Control scope ensures - requested changes, recommended corrective/preventive actions are performed through PICC process. Control scope also manages the actual changes as they occur (by integrating them with other processes) .... However WAS will prevent them to occur .
11 years 4 weeks ago #3211

Ram Shankar

Hello. I have a doubt on the following question that I came across in one of the exams -

Scope creep - many answer results, including the ones at PM Simulator state that scope creep can be prevented by control scope - however, one answer that was given in one of the exams administered by another site was Work Authorization System (WAS) rather than scope statement or control scope - is this is the correct answer? The explanation stated that WAS is a key tool to prevent scope creep - this is the first time that I heard about this as a tool to combat scope creep.

If you can help me understand the above better, that would be most helpful. Thanks.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login