fbpx

Reply: PMP Sample Question

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Sample Question

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
11 years 2 months ago #3115

's Avatar

Dear Matt:

This question only tells you that there are 20 stakeholders on the project. The project manager is also a project stakeholder. So if there are total 20 stakeholders on a project, the number of communication channels is 190.

If any question gives you the total number of stakeholders and ask to calculate the communication channels, just use that number to calculate the communication channels.

What Cornelius is referring to applies to scenarios similar to the following:

You are managing an XYZ project. You have 20 project team workers reporting to you. How many communication channels do you have in your project? In this case you will count yourself part of the team and the total communication channels will be 210.

Let me know if this resolves your confusion.

Warm regards,

Khurram
11 years 2 months ago #3113

Matt Matulewicz

I remember Cornelius saying that we should always assume we are the PM for any questions. In the attached question from my free questions, it asks how many communication channels there are if there are 20 stakeholders. So that should be 21 people including the PM and the answer should be 210 not 190. Help me understand how I should think of this for the exam.
Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login