fbpx

Reply: Q about 4,500 Experience Hours

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Q about 4,500 Experience Hours

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
11 years 1 month ago #3107

's Avatar

Dear Linda:

Here is the acid test: If preparing the grants proposal had defined start and finish dates and the scope of work was agreed, I would say these were projects. If any of this was missing, then perhaps these were operational activities. Can you elaborate what was the duration of these projects, who was the customer, how did you scope out the project initially and how did you close these projects? This information will help me guide you better.

Regards,

Khurram
11 years 1 month ago #3102

Linda Watts

Hi. I'm calculating my hours of project management experience. I've worked mainly in non-profit healthcare development, doing marketing projects, grants management and other project management.

Sometimes I get confused with what qualifies as a "project." Does anyone know if I can I count the grant proposals I was in charge of where we'd put together complex new projects for potential funding? For this, I was in charge of developing the goals/objectives, budget, deliverables, staffing, new processes etc.

Also, could event management be considered for hours in project management?

Thanks for any input!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login