fbpx

Reply: Notetaking During PM Prepcast?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Notetaking During PM Prepcast?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
11 years 1 month ago #3095

Linda Watts

Ok, great. Thanks so much for the feedback.
11 years 1 month ago #3094

Cornelius Fichtner

Linda,

Whether you want to (or even need to) take notes as you are watching The PM PrepCast is a highly individual decision. I know of students who did nothing but reading the PMBOK Guide once or twice and then watch the videos before they successfully took their exam. So you must "feel" your way around the approach yourself, because only you will know how much note-taking will lead you to retain the material.

However... as it so happens... I read an article a few days ago on note taking. It's called Write This Down: Note-Taking Strategies for Academic Success - and you can find it here:

artofmanliness.com/2012/01/27/write-this...or-academic-success/

The author introduces us to some good strategies on note taking.
11 years 1 month ago #3092

Linda Watts

Hi. I ordered the PM Prepcast and will be taking the PMP exam. I've gotten through about 3 sessions and I've been writing down pretty much everything from the sessions. I feel like it's going to take me forever to get through the sessions by doing this. I'm wondering, should I just take notes on things that are highlighted for the exam? Any suggestions?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login