fbpx

Reply: PM Prepcast and PMBOK

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PM Prepcast and PMBOK

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
11 years 2 months ago #3041

Kevin Reilly

Hi Luis -

When I read your question again, I realized that we have another product that is exactly what you are looking for, namely the PM StudyCoach. This product costs $34.99 and I believe will satisfy your needs. Following is a description and you can find out more information and order it by clicking on the Resources tab of the PM PrepCast.

The PM StudyCoach is a 10-week long coaching course in which you are taught exactly what you have to study for The PMP® Exam. It's your "Study Roadmap" to the PMP Certification. Each session is a recorded MP3 file that you can play on your computer or portable player. With each coaching session, you also receive other study material in the form of videos, podcasts, worksheets, articles, as well as reading and homework assignments. The course takes you step by step, chapter by chapter through the PMBOK® Guide and your PMP® Exam Prep Workbook and points out specific areas of focus in every coaching session. In total you will receive over 7.5 hours of recorded coaching.

Thanks

Kevin
11 years 2 months ago #3040

Kevin Reilly

First of all, welcome to the wonderful world of PMP Exam Prep! You are in the right place to get your questions answered. Unfortunately, there is no manuscript or workbook of the text used in each of the PM PrepCast videos. Everything in the PM PrepCast videos is taken directly from the PMBOK Guide 4th Edition, so all of the information is in that publication but there is nothing that OSP International provides that follows the exact verbiage of the PMP PrepCast videos in text format.

Episode # E00.02 is a PDF file contained in the PM PrepCast that lists all of the episodes, so you can use this as a sort of checklist as you go through and watch each video. We also suggest that at some point you attend a PMP Exam Prep Workshop as a boost to your studies. These workshops provide you with a text book and usually a printed copy of the slide deck with screenshots and added information from the course. You can contact your local PMI Chapter to find out if they are holding any of these workshops (which is usually cheaper than a private company doing it).

Please also remember that OSP International has plenty of other "free" additional study material as part of your PMP PrepCast subscription in the form of emails, weekly email courses, and general information about the exam.

I know this probably wasn't the answer you were looking for but I wanted to be honest and let you know what other resources are available to help ensure your PMP Exam success.

Best of luck to you and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Kevin
11 years 2 months ago #3039

Luis Salas

Hi, I am new here as I've just ordered the PM Prepcast and have only watched the first few lectures.

Is there a list correlating the lectures to specific sections of the PMBOK? I'd like to follow along in the book as I proceed with the lectures.

My style of learning is typically to read the written material to get an initial understanding, then attend the lecture and go back to review the material again to make sure everything is clear at that point...

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login