fbpx

Reply: Compromise vs Smoothing

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Compromise vs Smoothing

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 months 2 weeks ago #30737

Anonymous

's Avatar

I’ll say more more of ‘forcing.’ One party seems to be satisfying their concerns rather than respecting the concerns of the other party. Regarding ‘smoothing’ the sub-contractor wouldn’t consistently be delivering late. Since it’s usually short-term strategy.
1 year 2 weeks ago #30339

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hello project-management-prepcast.com admin, You always provide valuable feedback and suggestions.
3 years 3 months ago #24805

Anonymous

's Avatar

Thanks Kev! Although I better understand, they both still seem fairly similar and I'm worried about how to respond on my exam in two weeks. How can I decide between the two in the exam? Thanks
3 years 9 months ago #21741

CHIDALU UBAH

Withdrawal (avoidance): Yield- lose situation
Smoothing (accommodating): Has no long term solution
Collaboration (problem solving): win-win situation
Compromising (reconciling) : lose - lose situation
Forcing (directing): win -lose situation; this is by far the worst
3 years 11 months ago #20789

Tales Prado Thomaz

I would be careful with some of the explanations above, since the PMBOK 6th edition says on page 349 that Compromise/reconcile "bring some degree of satisfaction to all parties in order to temporarily or partially resolve the conflict..."
it does not have the same short term notation on smooth/accommodate description as mentioned by some members a few years ago.
4 years 2 weeks ago #20342

Dikesh

's Avatar

It is compromising , as the both parties are compromising to move on, in exchange of time and cost..

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login