fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Project Team vs Project Management team

Project Team vs Project Management team 11 years 5 months ago #2958

• Rachu
  • Rachu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi All,

What is the difference between Project team and Project Management team?
Please share your valuable comments, thanks.

Regards, R.

Project Team vs Project Management team 11 years 5 months ago #2962

• Khurram Hussain
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dear Rachu:

Good day!

The Project Management Team is a part of the overall Project Team. The Project Management Team is responsible to manage and control the project. They are heavily documentation and meetings oriented people, they don’t actually execute the project work.

For example, consider a company is constructing a high rise building. Anybody working for this project from this company makes up the project team. There will be many sub-teams involved in this project; e.g., Project Management Team, Design Team, Civil Works Team, Electrical Works Team, Sales & Marketing Team etc. Every team would have their own targets to achieve. The Project Management Team is responsible for managing and controlling the project like making sure the right processes are being followed, documentation is up to date, computing project performance metrics, stakeholder communications etc.

Let me know if this resolves your query?

Regards,

Khurram Hussain, PMP, CSSBB

Project Team vs Project Management team 11 years 5 months ago #2963

• Rachu
  • Rachu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Yes Sir, it does clear my confusion, about the two terms.
I enjoy reading your responses. Believe me or not sometimes its much better than trying to understand the same concept form the books. Thanks for your continuing responses.
Regards, R.

Project Team vs Project Management team 4 years 11 months ago #17237

• Dennis Brown
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
@ Khurram Hussain, PMP, CSSBB, can you please use the the following roles to different the difference, Project Manager, Sponsor, Functional Manager, Electrical Eng. Mechanical Eng. Plumber, and the steering committee , thank you
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasKhurram HussainMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login