fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Lessons Learned - Project Team OR All stakeholders

Lessons Learned - Project Team OR All stakeholders 11 years 6 months ago #2957

• Rachu
  • Rachu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi All,

I encountered one question and same choices (as the responses) in two different books or online. Who is responsible for creating Lessons Learned. But I saw two different correct responses at noth places. One correct response was "PROJECT TEAM" and one was "ALL THE STAKEHOLDERS". Little confused, prefer an expert advice which one is correct (if we see this as a question in the exam).

Thanks for your valuable time,

Regards, R.

Lessons Learned - Project Team OR All stakeholders 11 years 6 months ago #2961

• Khurram Hussain
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dear Rachu:

Good day!

The project team is responsible for collecting and documenting the project lessons learned. In this process they would come up with lessons learned by their own experience as well as collect them from the other project stakeholders as well. So the project team is responsible for the collection and documentation and both the project team and the stakeholders should produce them.

I agree with you that the phrase used in the question “responsible for creating” is kind of ambiguous. It should say something like “responsible for collecting and documenting”.

I hope this addresses your question.

Regards,

Khurram Hussain, PMP, CSSBB

Lessons Learned - Project Team OR All stakeholders 11 years 6 months ago #2964

• Rachu
  • Rachu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Thanks again Sir for the response. I completely agree with your comment about the "responsible for creating". And then I think sometime more you read, more you are confused. But let me tell you, reading your responses is a treat for anybody who is preparing for PMP exam.
Thanks as always,
Regards, R.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasKhurram HussainMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login