fbpx

Reply: Identify Stakeholders

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Identify Stakeholders

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
11 years 6 months ago #2891

Godwell Manyangadze

I think he was referring to Procurement documents being one of the inputs to Identify Stakeholders on page 246 of the PMBOK Guide and asking why? The PMBOK explains that if a project is the result of a procurement activity or is based on an established contract, the parties in that contract are key project stakeholders which is why Procurement documents are inputs to identifying stakeholders. You want to include everyone affected by this project and that includes companies you enter into contracts with in order to have the job done. Refer to page 247 of the PMBOK Guide.
11 years 9 months ago #2867

Wayne Masliuk

In the PMBOK 4th edition I do not see any reference to the identify stakeholders being an input to plan procurements. Can you let me know where you saw this in the PMBOK?

I write my exam next week and would like to know if I am correct or not.
11 years 10 months ago #2861

CAIO M PERET

Hi guys,

I saw on the PMBOK that Identify stakeholders has as an input the process Plan Procurements.

But isn't Identify Stakeholders a process on the Initiation process group, while Plan Procurement is a Planning process group process?

It seems that for the creation of the Stakeholder Register, it is only necessary to verify the contract (in the case of an external project) and to think about the main usual suppliers, which is perhaps more related to the Enterprise Environmental Factors (since these are more like partners to the firm).

Am I wrong? Or should this be corrected on the PMBOK?

Best regards,

Caio Peret

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login