fbpx

Reply: Proactive audit preparation

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Proactive audit preparation

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
11 years 11 months ago #2792

Matthias Klein

Cornelius,

thank you for your quick and helpful reply.
Knowing that the package has the same information as the application makes the necessary step easy :-)

Thanks
Matt
11 years 11 months ago #2791

Cornelius Fichtner

Matt,

Getting in touch with your contact persons before you submit your application to PMI is a best practice that should ensure that you pass a possible (but usually unlikely) audit with flying colors. You want to make sure that your contact persons agree with the numbers and information you provide on the application.

And you are correct that the "package" that PMI provides during an audit will contain the same information. However, this package now has to be printed, physically signed by your contact person and then placed into an envelope by your contact person and this envelope has to be sealed across the flap on the back. Now it goes back to PMI for review and inclusion in the audit information.

The idea of sending your numbers to the contact persons first is to ensure that they have already seen and agree to the information on your application ahead of time. In this way, there will be no problem for you during the audit.

In all the time that I've been teaching for the PMP exam I only heard of 1 student who failed their audit because his contact person disagreed with the numbers. I want to make sure that you are not the second one.
11 years 11 months ago #2790

Matthias Klein

Hi there,

in yesterdays newsletter you suggested to proactively prepare a possible audit by sending the application form to all listed contact persons.

However, you also say that PMI will create an "audit package" once a candidate has been chosen.

My question is: how does the audit package differ from the application form in terms of content that is provided?

I think that the application form asks for quite detailed information already - what other things does the audit package ask for?

Thanks
Matt

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login