fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Scheduling my PMP exam at the prometric

Scheduling my PMP exam at the prometric 12 years 1 month ago #2725

• Sathye Gomathy
  • Sathye Gomathy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello: I received my eligibility ID from PMI, then I also paid my exam fee using the online payable system.
Quite soon I also received an email from PMI with my Exam scheduling instructions. I logged into PMI with my ID and saw a 'Scheduling notice' available for me. Does this mean it is a go-go from the PMI to take the exam? Does this mean I am not selected for audit?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!
Sathye

Re:Scheduling my PMP exam at the prometric 12 years 1 month ago #2726

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Sathye,

Yes. That's my understanding. If you are selected for an audit you will receive a notice about the audit and not the exam scheduling instructions.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Re:Scheduling my PMP exam at the prometric 12 years 1 month ago #2727

• Sathye Gomathy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the reply, I would wait till EOD and schedule my test.

Re:Scheduling my PMP exam at the prometric 12 years 1 month ago #2728

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Sathye,

I recommend that you only schedule your exam if you are 100% certain about the day/time when you wish to take it, because PMI has just implemented a new policy about cancellations and rescheduling.

Here is the new policy:

PMI is implementing a new fee for the rescheduling and cancellation of certification examinations. Effective 1 April 2012, at noon (Eastern Daylight Time), test takers who reschedule or cancel their exam within 30 calendar days of their scheduled appointment will be charged a fee of US$70.

Rescheduling fees are a means to better serve certification candidates by allowing for greater seating availability at Prometric Testing Centers.

Today, test center seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis, and there is no current rescheduling/cancellation fee. Candidates are able to reschedule or cancel their exams at any time as long as they do so before they are within two days of their scheduled exam appointment, at which point, the entire exam fee is forfeited if they cannot make the appointment. While many candidates take their exams as scheduled, those who wait until the last minute to reschedule or cancel are “reserving” seats that could be used by others.

Based on testing industry best practice, this fee will help keep more seats open for those who intend to take their exams as scheduled.

The new rescheduling/cancellation fee applies to all of our certification exams and to computer-based tests (CBT) only, not to paper-based tests (PBT). Please note that the existing full-fee penalty will continue to be applied to candidates who do not reschedule or cancel their exam before two calendar days prior to their scheduled appointment.

PMI will endeavor to be flexible with candidates who cancel within the 30-day window due to extenuating circumstances. We will evaluate these situations on a case-by-case basis.
We want to make you aware of this update should questions arise in your exam prep courses. Please review this FAQ document if you need more details. Candidates are encouraged to contact Customer Care with additional questions.

The FAQ is at www.pmi.org/GLOBALS/2012-Rescheduling-Fees-FAQs.aspx
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Re:Scheduling my PMP exam at the prometric 12 years 1 month ago #2729

• Sathye Gomathy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Sure, thanks for that input!

Re:Scheduling my PMP exam at the prometric 12 years 3 weeks ago #2748

• Hamoud
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
hi,

my understanding that if you recieve eligibility ID means you are ready to schedule and take the test.

go to www.prometric.com/PMI/default.htm
and click on the start button which will take you through the steps of scheduling your exam, you will be asked to provide your eligibility ID and the 1st four letter of your last name.

i have just done that today. and my exam is on 2nd May

good luck with your exam.

Re:Scheduling my PMP exam at the prometric 8 years 3 months ago #6778

• Shaik
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
For the cancellation of scheduled exam appointment a fee of $70 will be charged, but if I want to reschedule the exam to a later date after cancelling the previously scheduled exam appointment do I need to pay an additional re-exam fee apart from the cancelled fee of $70? Kindly advice.

Re:Scheduling my PMP exam at the prometric 8 years 3 months ago #6779

• Tracey South
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Hi: The way I understand it, your original exam fee will be applied to your re-scheduled exam so no additional fees will be charged. I used the PMI handbook as my reference.

"Within 30 Days of Your Appointment
If you reschedule or cancel your exam within 30 days of your scheduled appointment, you will be
charged a fee of US$70. This fee helps to ensure greater seating availability at Prometric Testing
Centers since candidates who wait until the last minute to reschedule or cancel their exams are
“reserving” seats that could be used by others.

The fee will be charged when you go online to Prometric’s website to reschedule or cancel your exam
within the 30-day period. The $70 charge will appear on your credit card as a charge from Prometric.
The 30-day period does not include the day of the exam appointment. For example, if you scheduled
your exam for 5 May, you must reschedule or cancel the exam on or before 4 April to avoid the fee.
For emergency situations in which you are unable to change your exam appointment before 30 days
within your exam appointment, the Extenuating Circumstance Policy may apply. However, PMI will
evaluate these situations on a case-by-case basis to determine if a refund of the rescheduling fee is
appropriate.
Read the FAQs document for more details on this new rule.

Within 2 Days of Your Appointment
You need to reschedule or cancel your appointment before you are within two calendar days of your
exam appointment. If you wait until you are within two days of your exam appointment, you will be able to
cancel your appointment and you will forfeit the entire exam fee. You will not be able to reschedule your
appointment at this point and will need to pay associated reexamination fees to schedule a new exam."

Tracey
Community Moderator

Re:Scheduling my PMP exam at the prometric 6 years 1 month ago #13402

• Slim Kchaou
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Every one,
My problem is to schedule my pmp exam after failing . I passed yesterday and I want to get an apointement as soon as possible.
Please someone can Advice.

Re:Scheduling my PMP exam at the prometric 6 years 1 month ago #13404

• Genevieve Pluviose, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Read the handbook from PMI on what to do next:

www.pmi.org/Certification/~/media/PDF/Ce...pdc_pmphandbook.ashx . This has the latest information....
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login