fbpx

Reply: Order of preparation

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Order of preparation

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 5 months ago #2595

Cornelius Fichtner

Mohammed has given you a great place to start. I think that you can follow his plan and be on your way.

Studying for the PMP exam is not something that you can "program" because everyone is different. I have had students who read the complete PMBOK Guide first and then listened to the PrepCast as they were studying it a second time. Others read a chapter and then use the PrepCast and the third group listens to the PrepCast first and then reads the PMBOK. It's highly individual and depends on what works for you.

If you are looking for a complete coaching approach, then consider - this is a "how to" coaching course that I have developed that will take you step-by-step through everything that you have to learn. It takes 10 weeks (can go faster if you like) and at the end you come out with the knowledge you need.
12 years 5 months ago #2593

Mohammed Abdelhadi

:laugh:
i was having this problem before and found a good idea for me and i am doing will

frist thing and first thing and first thing :
go to page 43 and scan it into your mind
second:
look to pmp exams and know how they are creating questions and what they are focus
third :
Chapter by chapter read pmbok barrel with hearing pmp precast for mr Cornelius Fichtner
this will make you reading pmbok 2 times
Last go by rocket speed to pmp exams ( this exams will fill the gaps of your studying

believe me Its working with me very well
my exam on December
B)

Regards
12 years 5 months ago #2592

Gbolahan Okulaja

You are having an issue that is NOT too difficult to handle.
The way out in solving the issue is to look at PMP preparation as a project; consequently you need a project management plan. Many people do mistakenly use schedule management plan alone to prepare not realising that it is a component within project management plan.
Possible hints:
1)Be ready to get out of yourself, sleeping and waking period must change.
2)High level of discipline is a must, i.e cut off none value activities.
3)Be ready to practice a lot of questions, i practised up to 2,000 questions(this not a general rule it depends on your PM background.)
4)Avoid reading your own meaning to a question, ask yourself what is the question about, in real life, issues will be presented to you, must know what is the real issue compare with what is presented to you.

Gbolahan,PMP.
12 years 5 months ago #2590

Naren Sivakumar

I have the same issue here. :S
12 years 5 months ago #2588

Sriram Tatavarthi

Hello all,

PMP exam preparation seems to be a vast ground to cover. I thought I had a plan and things sorted out. I started off well by starting studying PMBOK guide. Then I bought Prepcast to enhance my study plan.

But after few days now, I am seriously worrying about my preparation plan I had. I am very confused about the best approach. What should I be doing first, given the fact that I have two sources (PMBOK guide and Prepcast)? Should I be reading the guide and then follow up with Prepcast or the other way.

So far I have been doing interchangeably. I am deeply concerned that I am not moving forward to achieve my goal.

Someone please help!!

Best,
Ram

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login