fbpx

Reply: PMP New EXam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP New EXam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 4 months ago #2605

Cornelius Fichtner

Simone,

Yes, I have some feedback from students who have taken the new exam. And the feedback is really quite simple and encouraging:

The new exam (on/after August 31) is pretty much like the old exam (before August 31). Most of our students who took the new exam did not encounter anything unexpected. They all express the notion that they really don't understand what the fuss about the changes in the exam was all about. The questions they had on the exam where in the style and type of questions that they had expected. There were no topics that came "out of the blue".

This means that if you do a thorough exam prep using available resources from PMI Registered Education Providers you should be OK.
12 years 4 months ago #2604

Simone Bandinelli

ok Cornelius, but mid october is passeed.
Do you have fresh information from your students or client about restoring the immediate exam results?
thanks
Simone.
12 years 5 months ago #2538

Cornelius Fichtner

Sinclair,

Here is the official statement from PMI that we received on September 20th:

===========================
Delivery of Exam Results

In transitioning to the new examination, PMI had to update its examination reporting processes. This means that, for a short period of time, examination results will not be available immediately following the examination. There will be a 4-to-6 week period between taking the examination and receiving the results via email. We know this will be disappointing to candidates, but please let them know the delay is necessary any time an exam changes in order to validate the new examination structure. In particular, please note the following details about the delivery of the examination results.

• Candidates who took the updated computer-based examination on or after 31 August will not receive immediate results at the Prometric testing center.

• Candidates taking the updated paper-based examination can also expect a delay in receiving their examination results.

• Once PMI validates the new examination structure (by mid-October), we will be able to resume providing individuals with immediate results at the Prometric testing center.

• Each PMP candidate will receive a communication to notify him or her when his or her results will be available at PMI.org.

• All candidates can expect to receive their examination results by mid-October.
===========================
12 years 5 months ago #2537

Sinclair HURTIS

Good day - Does anyone know exactly what date the results will be provided straight away? I am booked for 13th October.

Cheers
Sinclair
12 years 6 months ago #2534

Mohammad Qayyum Anwar

Hi Cornelius,

I have recently purchased PMPrePCast for my PMP study and plan to go for exam as soon as I am ready most probably withing 3-months. My question is about the scoring by PMI for the new exam. I have an understanding that there are 25 questions on testing which mean we get this score whatever the answer is and 60% of 175 questions must be answered correctly to pass the exam. Is it true even for the new exam?

Regards,
Qayyum
12 years 6 months ago #2528

Cornelius Fichtner

Nita,

Yes, the PrepCast has been updated and the areas you saw are part of the new exam structure.

Please read this announcement about the updates:
www.cornelius-fichtner.com/index.php/pmp...2011-pmp-exam-update

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login