fbpx

Reply: iTunes and Updated PrepCast

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : iTunes and Updated PrepCast

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 7 months ago #2407

Cornelius Fichtner

David,

Here are my answers to your questions.

1.) The new episode all start with 70.xx. The other episodes have not changed.

2.) Look for those starting with 70.xx.

3.) On Windows Vista/7 they are here: \Users\\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Podcasts\The PM PrepCast
Windows XP they are here: \Documents and Settings\\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Podcasts\The PM PrepCast
12 years 7 months ago #2406

David Hardin

Cornelius

Thank you, but I need to ask for a clarification. I have 3 questions below.

How can I be sure that I have successfully updated as needed?
I did “Update Podcast” in iTunes. However, all the dates still show my original purchase date. None have changed.

Do you have a list of the specific named podcasts so I can convert only the ones I need to?
I don’t have an iPod, I have an mp4 player and had to convert all video episodes to mp4 to be able to view them on my Memorex player. Without an updated date showing in iTunes, I need to know which ones to re-convert to be current.

Do you know where iTunes “stores” the podcasts so I can watch them in another player?
I like to take notes in OneNote while watching the video, and in some sections, wanted a way to slow down the video when necessary to match my typing speed. I was using Windows Media Player to do this. I understand that iTunes will not alllow a slow playback, but QuickTime might. I’d be happy to watch them in QuickTime, but I don’t see a complete list of the items in my music/itunes/podcast folder, so I don’t see where to “open” these using QuickTime.

Thank you,

David
12 years 7 months ago #2362

Cornelius Fichtner

David,

"Automatically" really depends on the settings in your iTunes. Check out this article:

www.cornelius-fichtner.com/index.php/pmp...2011-pmp-exam-update

In particular:

How do I download the new video lessons?
The PM PrepCast is a Podcast and all new videos are delivered to you via your personal podcast feed. Most likely you were using iTunes for the original download. If your PrepCast account is still active, you can start your iTunes, click on "update podcast" and the video lessons will start downloading.

That works if you set iTunes to "download all new episodes automatically". If now, you'll have to manually click "Get all".
12 years 7 months ago #2361

David Hardin

Cornelius & Staff:

Can you verify for me that if I use iTunes, and have the PrepCast loaded as/in my iTunes Podcast folder, that the updated version of the PrepCast videos (for the post-August 31 exam) will automatically be downloaded and updated?

Thank you,

David

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login