fbpx

Reply: Earned Value and CCPM.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Earned Value and CCPM.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 8 months ago #2223

Adam Leslie

Okay, I think I was a bit off. I reviewed this further, and the PMBOK is emphatic in using EV to determine variances in Control Schedule. See the PM Prepcast E06.06.

So while I still believe it to be true that for the most part PMI does not endorse a major tool or methodology be "better" than another ... there are exceptions.
12 years 8 months ago #2222

Tarek Al-Fahham

Thanks a lot. It is very clear now.

Tarek.
12 years 8 months ago #2221

Adam Leslie

It is my understanding that you will not be make to choose. PMI teaches a project management framework that is agnostic in regards to the tools you use. You should know what tool can (and cannot) be used along with its pros and cons, but I highly doubt the exam will ask us if a certain tool or technique is better than another.

It might ask which one is more appropriate in a given situation. In that case, EVM is better suited to contracts (value focused) and CCPM better suited to production work (resource focused).
12 years 8 months ago #2220

Tarek Al-Fahham

As per my understanding, the CCPM is becomming more and more widely used for optomizing project schedule and resources, and it is more effective measuring and tracking tool than EVM.

But, also, in the PMP Exam, if by any chance I have to choose between CCPM and then I have to select EVM over CCPM.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Tarek.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login