fbpx

Reply: Application when you are a billable PM

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Application when you are a billable PM

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 4 months ago #1701

Cornelius Fichtner

Barry,

If I understand you correctly, then your employer doesn't change. Your current employer hires you out on a project basis to a third party to do a project. Right?

In this case I always recommend that you put down the name of your actual employer, as long as they can verify the hours & deliverables.

In case of an audit it's easier for your, because you don't have to send the audit packages to a dozen of clients, but instead you can give it to your employer for approval.

The situation is different if you are a SELF EMPLOYED PM Consultant. Then you would need to put down the name of your customers. But I don't think that you fall into this category.

So the first way it is: Put down your own company and the person you report to as contact person.
13 years 4 months ago #1700

Barry Sunshine

I work for a IT systems integrator and sometimes I am hired by another company to manage their projects on a billable basis. This is pure PM "hired gun" type work. Do I put my company’s information on the application as the organization and my manager as the contact?

Thanks for the advice,
Barry

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login