fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Application when you are a billable PM

Application when you are a billable PM 13 years 5 months ago #1700

• Barry Sunshine
  • Barry Sunshine's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I work for a IT systems integrator and sometimes I am hired by another company to manage their projects on a billable basis. This is pure PM "hired gun" type work. Do I put my company’s information on the application as the organization and my manager as the contact?

Thanks for the advice,
Barry

Re:Application when you are a billable PM 13 years 5 months ago #1701

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Barry,

If I understand you correctly, then your employer doesn't change. Your current employer hires you out on a project basis to a third party to do a project. Right?

In this case I always recommend that you put down the name of your actual employer, as long as they can verify the hours & deliverables.

In case of an audit it's easier for your, because you don't have to send the audit packages to a dozen of clients, but instead you can give it to your employer for approval.

The situation is different if you are a SELF EMPLOYED PM Consultant. Then you would need to put down the name of your customers. But I don't think that you fall into this category.

So the first way it is: Put down your own company and the person you report to as contact person.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login