fbpx

Reply: TCPI lesson 0704.2

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : TCPI lesson 0704.2

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 5 months ago #1673

Michael Lange

Hi there,

I have a question re. the Advanced Earned management lesson Cornelius offers in the Prepcast. The concept of TCPI is explained initially using the example of a person driving from Tokyo to Osaka in 5 hours. The imaginary driver has driven 300 km, the planned amount at the data time is 400 km. To be in Osaka on time, another 250 km and 2 hours left leaves this driver with the option to drive at 125 km/h to meet the target.

the lesson states at 23:52 that the TCPI from hour 3 onward is 125 - isn't this rather the planned value for one of the remaining time units? A "CPI" of one for this "project" would mean a mean of 80 km/h, wouldn't it? So, having to drive 125 km/h should not increase the tCPI to 125. (I am sorry if this is a stupid question, I just started learning the concepts, and I can't quite figure out what the AC in this example could be).

Thanks,
Michael

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login