Welcome, Guest
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: TCPI lesson 0704.2

TCPI lesson 0704.2 5 years 11 months ago #1673

• Michael Lange
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there,

I have a question re. the Advanced Earned management lesson Cornelius offers in the Prepcast. The concept of TCPI is explained initially using the example of a person driving from Tokyo to Osaka in 5 hours. The imaginary driver has driven 300 km, the planned amount at the data time is 400 km. To be in Osaka on time, another 250 km and 2 hours left leaves this driver with the option to drive at 125 km/h to meet the target.

the lesson states at 23:52 that the TCPI from hour 3 onward is 125 - isn't this rather the planned value for one of the remaining time units? A "CPI" of one for this "project" would mean a mean of 80 km/h, wouldn't it? So, having to drive 125 km/h should not increase the tCPI to 125. (I am sorry if this is a stupid question, I just started learning the concepts, and I can't quite figure out what the AC in this example could be).

Moderators: Yolanda Mabutas, Ahmed Amin, Michael DeCicco, Rahul Kakkar, Fernando Jr Sinlao Lim, Jeremy Raelin, Mary Kathrine Padua, Yasir Mehmood, Chris Preziotti, Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL, Christian Winter, Kevin Nason, Michael Sumaquial, PMP, Mark Wuenscher, PMP