fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Exam Content Outline

Exam Content Outline 1 month 3 weeks ago #31493

• Jeanne-Laure Djia
  • Jeanne-Laure Djia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,
I've just started my journey preparing the PMP Exam. There is still something I don't get about the ECO. Do I have to read or study it? Do I have to make connections between the tasks/enablers listed and PM processes and principles?

Thank you for answering.

J-L

Exam Content Outline 1 month 3 weeks ago #31494

• Alexander Anikin
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello J-L,

It's great that you're preparing for the PMP Exam! Understanding the Exam Content Outline (ECO) is indeed important. Here are a few key points to consider:

1. Study the ECO: Yes, you should definitely read and study the ECO. It outlines the domains, tasks, and enablers that the PMP exam will cover. Understanding these will help you know what to focus on in your studies.

2. Connections to PM Processes and Principles: Yes, you should make connections between the tasks and enablers listed in the ECO and the project management processes and principles outlined in the PMBOK Guide. The ECO essentially acts as a blueprint for the exam and provides context for how the PMBOK Guide's content will be tested.

3. Practical Application: Try to understand how these tasks and enablers apply in real-world scenarios. The PMP exam not only tests your theoretical knowledge but also your ability to apply it practically.

By integrating the ECO with your study of the PMBOK Guide and other resources, you'll be better prepared for the types of questions you'll encounter on the exam.

Good luck with your studies!

Best regards,
Alex
Community Moderator
Last edit: by Alexander Anikin.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login